ISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has on Monday said that there is no space for corrupt officers in Islamabad police. He said that the police officers should reveal the person who ordered them to use force against the sit-in protesters. Addressing a meeting of Islamabad police,...🕔 11:10 PM - March 30, 2015
- Pakistan-born Fawad Ahmed named in Australian test squadMELBOURNE: Pakistan-born refugee Fawad Ahmed was named to Australia's test squad Tuesday for tours of
- Five criminals among nine killed in KarachiKARACHI: Violence continued in Karachi where four more people died in firing incident as law-enforcers
- Vettori confirms international cricket retirementWELLINGTON: New Zealand left-arm spinner Daniel Vettori confirmed what many expected in announcing his
- Bomb kills 7 in Ghazni KABUL: A deputy official says a roadside bombing in a remote province in eastern Afghanistan has killed
- US journalist refused to visit Pakistan to appear in Benazir murder caseISLAMABAD: United States journalist Mark Siegel has refused to visit Pakistan and recorded his statement
- Four more prisoners executed in Punjab jailsRAWALPINDI: Four more death row convicts were executed in various jails across Punjab early Tuesday morning. The
- Sarfraz is a brave cricketer, says AfridiISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s star all rounder Shahid Khan Afridi has praised the nascent cricket star
- Islamabad police was not ordered to use force against PTI, PAT sit-in participants: Ch NisarISLAMABAD: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has on Monday said that there is no space for corrupt
- Pak-Navy two ships to evacuate Pakistanis from Yemen: FOISLAMABAD: Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson has on Monday said that Pakistan International Airline (PIA)
- Pak-Saudi joint militsry annual exercises according to schedule: ISPRRAWALPINDI: Director General Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR) here on Monday clarified that Pak-Saudi
- High-level delegation leaves for Saudi Arabia tomorrowISLAMABAD: A high-level Pakistani delegation will leave for Saudi Arabia tomorrow. This has been stated
- Meera battles dengue machars in upcoming music videoLAHORE: Featuring in the song 'Dengue Mainu Larr Gai Hai' sung by singer Tahir Tafu, Meera's new venture
- Shah demands APC for effective electoral reformsISLAMABAD: Opposition leader in the National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah has on Monday demanded an All
- Pakistan closely monitoring developments in Yemen: AhsanISLAMABAD: Minister for Planning Ahsan Iqbal has said Pakistan was closely monitoring developments taking
- Political rivals have no rigging proofs: Saad RafiqueLAHORE: Federal Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafique has on Monday said that his political opponents
Five criminals among nine killed in Karachi
KARACHI: Violence continued in Karachi where four more people died in firing incident as law-enforcers claimed to have eliminated five alleged criminals overnight. According to officials, police carried out an operation in Orangi Town locality late on Monday on a tip off about presence of Tehreek-e-Taliban militants in the area. Police said they exchanged fire with alleged militants and left two
🕔 11:19 AM - March 31, 2015
US journalist refused to visit Pakistan to appear in Benazir murder
ISLAMABAD: United States journalist Mark Siegel has refused to visit Pakistan and recorded his statement before the court in Benazir Bhutto murder case. “I can’t come to Pakistan due to security concerns,” he said, adding, however, he can record his statement via video link. The Rawalpindi’s anti-terrorism court (ATC) judge Pervez Ismail Joeya had directed Mark
🕔 9:55 AM - March 31, 2015
Four more prisoners executed in Punjab jails
RAWALPINDI: Four more death row convicts were executed in various jails across Punjab early Tuesday morning. The death row convicts were executed in Attock, Sargodha, Mianwali and Rawalpindi jails. A convict, Ikramul Haq was put to gallows for kidnapping a baby girl. He kidnapped three-year, Amina, from Fateh Jang on July 4, 2002 and demanded her family a ransom worth five million rupees. Convict
🕔 9:36 AM - March 31, 2015
Pak-Navy two ships to evacuate Pakistanis from Yemen: FO
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Office (FO) spokesperson has on Monday said that Pakistan International Airline (PIA) flight is all set to leave for Makla Airport, Makla, Yemen. She said that naval option was also under consideration for evacuating Pakistanis from Yemen. According to Foreign Office spokesperson, two ships of Pakistan Navy will reach Aden within few days to evacuate Pakistanis from Yemen. She said
🕔 11:06 PM - March 30, 2015
Pak-Saudi joint militsry annual exercises according to schedule: ISPR
RAWALPINDI: Director General Inter-Service Public Relations (ISPR) here on Monday clarified that Pak-Saudi joint military exercises Samsam-5 are according to the schedule and are held annually adding that these exercises were started on 19th of March. In a statement on social media, DG ISPR Maj-Gen Asim Bajwa said that Pakistan had no operational deployment in Saudi Arabia. ISPR said that the military
🕔 11:02 PM - March 30, 2015
Shah demands APC for effective electoral reforms
ISLAMABAD: Opposition leader in the National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah has on Monday demanded an All Parties Conference (APC) for making the electoral reforms more effective. In his letter to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, Shah said that the government has lost its focus towards electoral reforms after the sit-in was called off. Khurshid Shah congratulated the government for the formation of judicial
🕔 8:30 PM - March 30, 2015
- Pak-Navy two ships to evacuate Pakistanis from.
- Pak-Saudi joint militsry annual exercises.
- High-level delegation leaves for Saudi Arabia.
- Shah demands APC for effective electoral reforms.
- Pakistan closely monitoring developments in.
- Pakistan decides to play mediator role in Middle.
- Rs. 7.66 increase suggested in petrol prices.
- Altaf holds urdu community as hostage: Mazari.
- Azhar Ali named as ODI captain, Sarfraz as vice.
ADEN: Foreign Office representative Abdullah Ashraf Asghar has expressed concern that 171 Pakistanis stranded in the city are under threat of a Houthi attack. Reports said that Houthi rebels could...🕔 7:19 PM - March 30, 2015
- Army bombs Aden airport to free it from Houthi.
- Yemen conflict: Iran asks Turkish envoy to.
- Saudi halted strikes to facilitate Pakistanis’.
- PIA flight carrying stranded Pakistanis leaves.
- Arab leaders agree to form joint military force.
- Twenty-three ‘beheaded’ in Nigeria on.
- Sri Lankan president's brother dies after axe.
- Arab League summit begins amid Yemen crisis.
- Two Czech women kidnapped in Pakistan in 2013.
MELBOURNE: Pakistan-born refugee Fawad Ahmed was named to Australia's test squad Tuesday for tours of the West Indies and England later this year after an impressive domestic first-class season. Legspinner Ahmed, 33, who took 48 wickets at an average of 24.79 for Victoria state in the Sheffield...🕔 11:25 AM - March 31, 2015
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
PESHAWAR: A three day anti polio campaign was launched in twenty-two districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Monday. More than 1.2 million children below the age of five years are being administered anti...🕔 11:25 AM - March 31, 2015
PESHAWAR: The repatriation process of internally displaced persons (IDPs) of North Waziristan Agency will begin tomorrow (Tuesday). Officials said that Peshawar representative that IDPs belonging to...🕔 11:25 AM - March 31, 2015
KARAK: A student of Army Public School, Bannu, was gunned down by unknown armed men in district Karak on Monday. According to reports, unknown gunmen opened firing on student of Army Public School,...🕔 11:25 AM - March 31, 2015
KABUL: A deputy official says a roadside bombing in a remote province in eastern Afghanistan has killed seven people, all members of the same family. The deputy police chief in Ghazni province says the bombing took place on Monday afternoon in Andar district. Asadullha Ensafi says the mini bus...🕔 11:11 AM - March 31, 2015
- Afghanistan's Ghani walks tightrope over US, Pakistan.
- Five killed as rockets hit civilian homes in Khost,.
- Afghan leader to pitch new chapter in US Congress.
- Seven killed in suicide attack in Kabul.
- 27 TTP militants killed in Afghan military air-strikes.
- 11 militants killed in US drone attack in Kunar.
- Pakistan plans to construct Peshawar-Kabul Motorway:.
- 13 killed as gunmen attacked passengers bus in.
- Top commanders among nine killed in Nangarhar drone.
- Seven killed, 41 injured in Taliban attack in.
ISLAMABAD: Electricity shortfall has reached 4700 megawatts on Wednesday, leading to an increased number of loadshedding hours across the country, the National Transmission and Despatch Company reported. According to NTDC sources, the total demand for electricity has soared to 13700 MW against the...🕔 1:22 PM - March 25, 2015
- PSO receives Rs.14 billion for power generation from.
- Pakistan's economy is showing signs of recovery: ADB.
- SBP announces monetary policy for next two months.
- WB assures support for economic projects in Pakistan.
- NEPRA cuts Rs 2.8/unit in power tariff.
- IMF chief hails India as 'bright spot' in world.
- Pakistan signs agreement with Qatar for LNG import .
- Power transmission system being upgraded to reduce.
- PM directs to expedite work on Jamshoro power.
- Pakistan's economy has improved: IMF.
LAHORE: Featuring in the song 'Dengue Mainu Larr Gai Hai' sung by singer Tahir Tafu, Meera's new venture aims to raise awareness about dengue and reduce the spectre of fear surrounding the deadly...🕔 9:00 PM - March 30, 2015
- Syed Noor hopes for revival of film Industry.
- Court extends Ayyan Ali’s judicial remand.
- Ayyan cannot avail B-class facilities:.
- Sindh govt requests Ayyan's transfer to.
- Angelina Jolie says she had ovaries removed.
- Reema gives birth to son!.
- FBR to expand interrogation scope against.
- Ayyan Ali petitions bail, LHC orders Customs.
- Father says family still not allowed to meet.
- Court terms Sidra innocent in Abeera murder.