ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) head Imran Khan on Wednesday thanked Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) leader Allama Tahir-ul Qadri and his workers for staging a sit-in in Islamabad for 70 days. Addressing the participants of Azadi March, Khan specially lauded PAT’s workers for...🕔 10:18 PM - October 22, 2014
- Three Pakistani authors longlisted for South Asian literature prizeThree Pakistani authors have been selected in the nominees for the 2015 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature
- Imran vows to continue sit-in till his last breathISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) head Imran Khan on Wednesday thanked Pakistan Awami Tehreek
- Younus Khan happy over leveling Inzamam test centuries’ recordDUBAI: Pakistan start batsman Younus Khan, who scored a brillant century against Australia in the first
- Young Peshawar engineers build solar-powered rickshawPESHAWAR: Young engineering students in Peshawar have found the perfect solution to run commercial vehicles
- Canada parliament locked down after soldier shotOTTAWA: Heavily-armed Canadian police backed by armoured vehicles surrounded parliament in Ottawa on
- PCB extends Saqlain Mushtaq contract for 15 daysLAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has extended contract of Saqlain Mushtaq for 15 days, as he is working
- Indian PM anti-Pakistani, anti Muslim: Musharraf KARACHI: Former military ruler General Pervez Musharraf branded Prime Minister Indian Prime Minister
- PM Nawaz vows to ensure good governanceISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday emphasized that all political issues should
- Pak-China Economic Corridor to boost economic activitiesGILGIT: President Mamnoon Hussain has urged the youth to acquire contemporary education for sustainable
- New Afghan president's first trip abroad will be to ChinaBEIJING: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani will travel to China this month, China's Foreign Ministry said
- Hindus to celebrate Diwali tomorrowKARACHI: The Hindu community will celebrate Diwali festival across Sindh on Thursday. The devotees would
- Younus becomes first Pakistani player to score century against each test playing teamDUBAI: Younus Khan has made a unique record, as he became first Pakistani player to have scored century
- PTI holds countrywide protest rallies against overbilling, electricity tariff LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has staged countrywide scheduled protest demonstrations demanding
- Pakistan needs national unity more than atomic bomb: SirajDIR KOT: Addressing a public rally in Dir Kot area of Azad Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday, Iamaat-e-Islami
- Security forces repulse militants attack in Bara BARA: Militants on Wednesday attacked security forces convey in Bara tehsil of Khyber Agency, drawing
Imran vows to continue sit-in till his last breath
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) head Imran Khan on Wednesday thanked Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) leader Allama Tahir-ul Qadri and his workers for staging a sit-in in Islamabad for 70 days. Addressing the participants of Azadi March, Khan specially lauded PAT’s workers for courageously facing the worst police crackdown and teargas shelling. He regretted that PAT had ended their sit-ins,
🕔 10:18 PM - October 22, 2014
Young Peshawar engineers build solar-powered rickshaw
PESHAWAR: Young engineering students in Peshawar have found the perfect solution to run commercial vehicles without the need of expensive petrol or CNG fuel. Students of CECOS University in Peshawar's Hayatabad area say they have built a working prototype of a solar-powered rickshaw that will not only save drivers the fuel costs, but will also be environment-friendly. “We want to provide the
🕔 9:02 PM - October 22, 2014
Indian PM anti-Pakistani, anti Muslim: Musharraf
KARACHI: Former military ruler General Pervez Musharraf branded Prime Minister Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi as anti-Pakistan. “Modi is anti-Muslim and anti-Pakistan” said Musharraf while speaking to an Indian news channel on Wednesday adding Modi will have to change his attitude. Pakistan would never neglect the defence of its eastern borders and added that the country would
🕔 7:14 PM - October 22, 2014
PM Nawaz vows to ensure good governance
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif on Wednesday emphasized that all political issues should be discussed and resolved on the forum of Parliament. He said "All political parties should play their due role in transforming Pakistan into a prosperous and developed country. We are trying to ensure good governance in the country through a consultative process which also includes
🕔 7:02 PM - October 22, 2014
PTI holds countrywide protest rallies against overbilling, electricity
LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has staged countrywide scheduled protest demonstrations demanding rollback the increase of electricity tariff and overbilling. The PTI chairman Imran Khan yesterday directed all the district office bearers to stage protest demonstration against overbilling and recent increase in electricity tariff on Wednesday in their respective districts. The protest
🕔 6:25 PM - October 22, 2014
Security forces repulse militants attack in Bara
BARA: Militants on Wednesday attacked security forces convey in Bara tehsil of Khyber Agency, drawing a prompt retaliation from security forces. The attack was responded effectively by security forces after which militants run away and leaved the weapons on the site. The security forces recovered the weapons from the attack site and mounted search operation against the attackers in the
🕔 5:52 PM - October 22, 2014
- PM Nawaz vows to ensure good governance.
- Qadri hopes for mid-term polls; hints at.
- PM, parliamentary party leaders for delay in.
- PM approves assistance package for families of.
- Designed issues of Hydro projects being discussed.
- MQM quits PPP led Azad Kashmir govt.
- Imran directs PTI legislators to submit asset.
- Health ministry prepares plan to cop Ebola Virus.
- PM bars ministers from negative comments on PAT.
OTTAWA: Heavily-armed Canadian police backed by armoured vehicles surrounded parliament in Ottawa on Wednesday after at least one gunman shot a soldier guarding a nearby monument. Witnesses said...🕔 8:56 PM - October 22, 2014
- New Afghan president's first trip abroad will be.
- India asks US not to invest in Diamer-Bhasha.
- US designates TTP leader Sajna as terrorist.
- Malala receives US Liberty Medal.
- Twitter is "source of all evil": Saudi Grand.
- Fire at Indian fire-cracker market, hundreds of.
- Pakistani beheaded in Saudi Arabia.
- Turkey to allow Iraqi Kurds join Kobani fight:.
- NATO drills begin in Turkey on Monday.
DUBAI: Pakistan start batsman Younus Khan, who scored a brillant century against Australia in the first test match of the two matches series, has said that he is happy over leveling former Pakistani skipper and legendary player Inzamam Ul Haq’s 25 centuries’ record. Talking to media at...🕔 9:05 PM - October 22, 2014
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor has summoned the provincial assembly session at 3:00 PM in Peshawar on Thursday. Besides legislation, no confidence motion against Chief Minister Pervez...🕔 9:05 PM - October 22, 2014
PESHAWAR: At least two people were injured in a powerful blast took place at basement of plaza on University Road in Peshawar here on Wednesday. According to initial reports, it was a cylinder...🕔 9:05 PM - October 22, 2014
BANNU: Director General ISPR, Maj. Gen. Asim Bajwa here on Wednesday said that the Pak-army will make sure safe return of the North Waziristan Agency (NWA) displaced families to their homes and also...🕔 9:05 PM - October 22, 2014
WASHINGTON: Poppy production in Afghanistan hit record levels last year even though the United States has poured some $7 billion into destroying the deadly crop which supplies some 80 percent of the world s opium. A new report released Tuesday by a US watchdog warned "the narcotics trade...🕔 9:32 AM - October 22, 2014
- Blast in Kabul kills four Afghan soldiers.
- Afghan president to share his vision with PM Nawaz.
- Son of Jalaluddin Haqqani captured in Afghanistan.
- Taliban attack kills six Afghan police.
- 22 police killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan.
- One dead as suicide blast targets Nato convoy in Kabul.
- Five Afghan men hanged for gang-rape: officials.
- Taliban suicide attack kills five in Afghanistan.
- Nato soldiers in Afghanistan have made the world a.
- British PM Cameron arrives in Kabul on unannounced.
ISLAMABAD: The Federal Government imposed fresh taxes on the consumers in the name of equalization (EQ) surcharge, the notification issued by the Ministry of Water and Power. 30 paisa per unit would be received through the new surcharge that is likely to pull Rs 4 billion per month. The...🕔 10:17 AM - October 21, 2014
- IMF to release Pakistan transaction soon: Dar.
- Oil prices extend gains in Asia.
- Energy projects main feature of Pak-China Economic.
- Oil prices tumble in Asia.
- No CNG in Punjab for three months.
- IMF to release $1.1 billion for Pakistan.
- WB vows to continue supporting Pakistan's reforms.
- Pakistan to get $1.1bn from IMF in December: Dar.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan sign electricity transit fee.
- Govt allowed to present ODGCL shares for auction.
Three Pakistani authors have been selected in the nominees for the 2015 DSC Prize for South Asian Literature announced by leading Indian writer Keki N. Daruwalla, at the Goethe-Institut, Max Mueller...🕔 10:23 PM - October 22, 2014
- ‘Bili’ makes Mehwish Hayat famous.
- Humayun Saeed injured in Bangkok car crash:.
- KP minister promises to boost cultural.
- Neil Patrick to host 87th Oscars Award.
- “I got status in industry with my own.
- Meera visits girls college in Multan,.
- 66th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali.
- Lindsay Lohan seeks redemption on London.
- Meera Wishes To Marry After 'Naya Pakistan'.
- Pop Diva Madonna opens up school in Karachi.