ISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday issued a notice to the Federation, seeking its response by August 6 on its decision to draw in Pak Army in Islamabad. Chief Justice IHC, Anwar Kasi heard a petition of Islamabad High Court Bar Association challenging the government’s decision...
- Woman killed, three security personnel injured in Lower Dir cross firePESHAWAR: A woman was killed and her son as well as three security personnel were injured in a cross
- Imran rejects speculations of possible deal with govtBANNU: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Monday refuted reports of any possible deal
- Rs400,000 to be paid for each house destroyed during Operation Zarb-e-Azb: BalochBANNU: Minister for State and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Abdul Qadir Baloch said on Monday that the government
- Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee meeting todayKARACHI: Central Ruet-e-Hilal Committee will meet in Karachi Monday evening to decide on sighting or
- Qureshi asks PTI lawmakers to submit resignationsMULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi Monday asked his party’s lawmakers
- IHC seeks govt reply over Army requisitionISLAMABAD: Islamabad High Court (IHC) on Monday issued a notice to the Federation, seeking its response
- 20kg bomb defused outside police station in KarachiKARACHI: A big bomb attack on a police station was averted when the bomb disposal squad defused a 20
- UNSC calls for immediate Gaza ceasefire UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire
- 7 injured in Khuzdar bomb blastKHUZDAR: At least seven people were injured in an explosion in Khuzdar district of Balochistan on Monday. The
- Parts of KP, FATA celebrate Eid todayPESHAWAR: As the Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee meets today to decide on the sighting or otherwise of
- Five Ahmadis killed over alleged blasphemy in Gujranwala GUJRANWALA: Four members of the Ahmadi community were killed late on Sunday and four others were severely
- Papolzai chairs unofficial moon sighting committee meeting PESHAWAR: Unofficial moon-sighting committee of Qasim Ali Khan Mosque started its meeting to decide about
- One killed in Charsadda firing incident CHARSADDA: One person was killed in firing incident in Charsadda on Sunday evening. According to reports,
- Govt to be ousted next month: QadriLAHORE: Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT) chief Dr. Tahir ul Qadri Sunday predicted that the PML-N government
- Army clears Mir Ali, Mirshah, Boya, Degan of militants: ISPRRAWALPINDI: Pakistan army has claimed to have completely cleared Mir Ali, Boya, Degan and Miranshah of
Imran rejects speculations of possible deal with govt
BANNU: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Monday refuted reports of any possible deal with the federal government in connection with his August 14, long march to Islamabad. Talking to media, the PTI chief said that he did not hold any talks with Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif. He made it clear that there would be no agreement between his party and the government for the Independence
Rs400,000 to be paid for each house destroyed during Operation Zarb-e-Azb:
BANNU: Minister for State and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Abdul Qadir Baloch said on Monday that the government had decided to pay Rs400,000 for each house destroyed during Operation Zarb-e-Azb in North Waziristan. Addressing the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPS) here, Baloch added that Rs50,000 would also be paid to the affected people for their return and ration. He clarified that the funds will
Qureshi asks PTI lawmakers to submit resignations
MULTAN: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Shah Mehmood Qureshi Monday asked his party’s lawmakers to submit their resignations with Imran Khan which will be used at an opportune time. Talking media, Qureshi warned the government not to create hurdles in the way of PTI’s planned ‘Azadi March’ in Islamabad on August 14. He said the government at the moment appears to
20kg bomb defused outside police station in Karachi
KARACHI: A big bomb attack on a police station was averted when the bomb disposal squad defused a 20 kilogram bomb planted in a motorcycle outside the police station on Monday. According to reports, when the policemen closely inspected the abandoned motorcycle, the found an improvised explosive device (IED) strapped to it. The Bomb Disposal Unit (BDU), which was called in immediately, successfully
UNSC calls for immediate Gaza ceasefire
UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza to allow for urgent aid to reach civilians as the conflict between Israel and Hamas entered its third week. The 15-member Council released a statement shortly after midnight Sunday calling for the truce during the Muslim Eid festival marking the end of Ramadan. The Council expressed “strong
7 injured in Khuzdar bomb blast
KHUZDAR: At least seven people were injured in an explosion in Khuzdar district of Balochistan on Monday. The security forces rushed to the blast site and cordoned off the area, while the rescue workers shifted the injured to nearby hospital. The blast occurred near a bus of pilgrimsnear Garisha area. Two of the injured were in critical condition. Khuzdar is considered one of the most sensitive districts
- Nation has rejected politics of chaos: Rashid.
- Army requisitioned under article 245 not for.
- Govt to provide legal cover to army : Pervez.
- Defence Secretary Lt. Gen Asif Yasin to complete.
- PTI to challenge govt decision of calling Army in.
- Govt reconsiders decision to invoke Article 245.
- FATA committee urges equal rights for IDPs.
- Rasheed questions Qadri’s sources of income.
- Islamabad not being handed over to army: IM.
UNITED NATIONS: The UN Security Council on Monday called for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire in Gaza to allow for urgent aid to reach civilians as the conflict between Israel and Hamas...
- Israel resumes Gaza offensive .
- UK deputy PM says Russia should not host football.
- UN Myanmar envoy worried over displaced Muslims.
- 1,050 Palestinians killed in Gaza since July 8.
- Pakistan urges Afghanistan to act against.
- Gaza toll mounts to 926 as fragile 12-hour truce.
- Qaeda releases video of US suicide bomber in.
- Israel, Hamas agree to 12-hour humanitarian truce.
- India protests against delay in Mumbai attacks.
ISLAMABAD: Samina Baig has become the first Pakistani woman to climb all seven highest peaks in the seven continents in just under eight months. “We had the greatest honour to hoist our green flag on the seven summits,” said Mirza Ali...
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
- Moores gets second stint as England coach.
- Court orders auction of Ijaz Ahmed’s property.
BANNU: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Monday refuted reports of any possible deal with the federal government in connection with his August 14, long march to Islamabad. Talking...
BANNU: Minister for State and Frontier Regions (SAFRON) Abdul Qadir Baloch said on Monday that the government had decided to pay Rs400,000 for each house destroyed during Operation Zarb-e-Azb in...
PESHAWAR: As the Central Ruet-i-Hilal Committee meets today to decide on the sighting or otherwise of the Shawwal crescent, the residents of some areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA are celebrating...
KABUL: In a blow to hopes for peace talks, the Afghan Taliban’s reclusive leader warned Friday that a bilateral security pact allowing thousands of US troops to stay in Afghanistan beyond the end of this year will mean more fighting. Mullah Mohammad Omar called on the candidates for...
- Gunmen kill 15 civilians travelling in central.
- Two foreign aid workers shot dead in Herat.
- Four foreigners killed in Taliban attack in Kabul.
- Taliban attack Kabul airport as Afghan poll audit.
- Taliban claim responsibility for Kabul airport attack.
- Blast in Afghanistan kills 30, wounds 40.
- Afghan presidential rivals agree to vote audit.
- All votes in disputed Afghan run-off poll to be.
- Afghanistan´s Ghani says seeks to restore faith.
- Kerry to mediate an end to election crisis in Kabul.
ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has recommended an increase in the price of petroleum products. The recommendation calls for Rs1.34 increase in the per litre price of petrol and Rs0.34 in the price of diesel. The recommendation if implemented will be applicable from August...
- Scotland keen to cooperate in Pakistan’s energy.
- Gearing up: Promoting trade through border-crossing.
- Employees protest against proposed PIA privatization .
- Govt employees to get salaries by 25th.
- Petrol price likely to increase.
- Petroleum ministry proposes cut in LPG prices .
- ECNEC approves Karachi water supply project.
- On strike: Oil tankers suspend fuel supply all over.
- ECC approves import of 1,00,000 metric tons of.
- Dar briefs PM Nawaz on resources mobilized for IDPs.
SVETI STEFAN: Serbian tennis great Novak Djokovic will wed longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic on Thursday in a civil ceremony at a plush resort on the Adriatic coast, a source close to the family said...
- Zohra Sehgal dies at 102.
- Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi is being remembered.
- Lindsay sues 'Grand Theft Auto V' videogame.
- Shaan starts work on new film.
- Renowned pashto actor Murad Ali passes away.
- PNCA to organize stage play 'Gudian.
- Mohsin Hamid's novel shortlisted for.
- Meera’s unique namaz.
- 2nd death anniversary of Mehdi Hassan today.
- Regional turmoil puts Abu Dhabi in filmmaker.