ISLAMABAD: Punjab Governor Chaudhry Mohammad Sarwar held a telephonic conversation with Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and briefed him about the contacts that he made with the political leaders in a bid to defuse prevailing political crisis. The governor informed the prime minister that dialogue...🕔 6:37 PM - August 22, 2014
- Dialogues to resume today: Governor Punjab tells PMISLAMABAD: Punjab Governor Chaudhry Mohammad Sarwar held a telephonic conversation with Prime Minister
- Siraj requests PTI to take back resignations from NAFAISALABAD: Jamaat-e-Islami chief Sirajul Haq here on Friday requested Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI)
- PM Nawaz meets KP governor Mehtab Khan in PeshawarPESHAWAR: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Friday met with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governor Sardar Mehtab
- Khurshid Shah, Rabbani Aitzaz meet ZardariKARACHI: Opposition leader in National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah, Opposition leader in Senate Aitzaz
- PM Nawaz invites Zardari for lunch tomorrowISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Friday telephoned the former president Asif Ali Zardari
- PTI to restart talks with govtISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) has decided to restart negotiations with the government. The
- PTI, PAT demands unconstitutional: Maulana FazlISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam-Fazl (JUI-F) Chief Maulana Fazlur Rahman on Friday termed demands of
- Pak security officer martyred in Afghan taliban attack in Qilla SaifullahQILLA SAIFULLAH: An FC officer was martyred in a clash as more than 70 militants from Afghanistan attacked
- Islamabad standoff: Zardari contacts political leaders KARACHI: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Co-Chairman Asif Ali Zardari made telephonic contacts with
- PTI submits resignations in National Assembly ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf has submitted resignation in National Assembly’s secretariat
- Core committee meeting of PTI todayISLAMABAD: The core committee meeting of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will be held in the container
- Mazari lashes out at Iftikhar ChaudhryISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader Dr. Shireen Mazari lashed out at former Chief Justice
- Lahore judge's order for FIR against Sharifs challengedLAHORE: Information Minister Pervaiz Rasheed has challenged the ruling of a Lahore court which ordered
- Deadlock may lead towards clash: MalikKARACHI: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) Senator Rehman Malik again urged for talks to defuse political
- 2015 World Cup: 'Sri Lanka ODIs will tell us where we stand'HAMBANTOTA: Pakistan and Sri Lanka begin a three-match one-day series on Saturday hoping to gauge each
Siraj requests PTI to take back resignations from NA
FAISALABAD: Jamaat-e-Islami chief Sirajul Haq here on Friday requested Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) to take back resignations from National Assembly. Addressing JI workers in Faisalabad, Sirajul Haq has said that dialogues are the best way to resolve differences. He said that the country is facing challenges on multiple fronts.
🕔 6:34 PM - August 22, 2014
PM Nawaz meets KP governor Mehtab Khan in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Friday met with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa governor Sardar Mehtab Ahmed Khan in Peshawar and discussed with him issues related to displaced families of North Waziristan Agency. The meeting was held at the governor house in Peshawar. Federal Information Minister Pervez Rashid, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and Ahsan Iqbal were also present on the occasion. During
🕔 6:04 PM - August 22, 2014
Khurshid Shah, Rabbani Aitzaz meet Zardari
KARACHI: Opposition leader in National Assembly Syed Khurshid Shah, Opposition leader in Senate Aitzaz Ihsan and senator Raza Rabbani called on former president and PPP co-chairman Asif Ali Zardari and briefed him about the current political situation in the country. Khurshid Shah briefed Asif Ali Zardari about his talks with different political leaders about the PTI and PAT’s sit-ins
🕔 5:37 PM - August 22, 2014
PM Nawaz invites Zardari for lunch tomorrow
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Friday telephoned the former president Asif Ali Zardari and invited him to a luncheon meeting in Islamabad tomorrow. The former president returned from Dubai on Thursday night in the wake of ongoing political impasse in the country. According to reports, Zardari has accepted Sharif’s invitation.
🕔 4:54 PM - August 22, 2014
PTI to restart talks with govt
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) has decided to restart negotiations with the government. The decision was taken at the core committee of the party, which was held at sit-in venue on top of the container. The meeting was chaired by PTI chief Imran Khan and attended by core committee members including chief minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak. Shah Mehmood Qureshi told media that the
🕔 4:49 PM - August 22, 2014
Pak security officer martyred in Afghan taliban attack in Qilla Saifullah
QILLA SAIFULLAH: An FC officer was martyred in a clash as more than 70 militants from Afghanistan attacked Muslim Bagh sector in Qilla Saifullah district of Balochistan province here on Friday. According to reports, more than 80 Afghanistan based militants entered into Muslim Bagh sector and attacked Pakistan security forces. Pakistan armed forces retaliated to the attack. Reports said that the exchange
🕔 4:33 PM - August 22, 2014
- Khurshid Shah, Rabbani Aitzaz meet Zardari.
- PM Nawaz invites Zardari for lunch tomorrow.
- PTI to restart talks with govt.
- PTI, PAT demands unconstitutional: Maulana Fazl.
- PTI submits resignations in National Assembly .
- Core committee meeting of PTI today.
- Mazari lashes out at Iftikhar Chaudhry.
- Senate adopts resolution for safeguarding.
- JUI-F announces protest against Islamabad sit-in.
WASHINGTON: The State Department in a daily briefing in Washington on Friday commented said the US was not engaged in any discussions that could be regarded as interference in Pakistan's internal...🕔 9:45 AM - August 22, 2014
- Altaf urges govt, protesting parties to avoid.
- Hamas says three senior commanders killed in Gaza.
- PPP holds N-league responsible for current.
- US offers $30 mln in search for Haqqani leaders.
- Altaf welcomes talks between govt, PAT.
- Qadri says ready for talks; demands Nawaz,.
- Pakistan desires normal neighborly relations with.
- Death toll in Japan landslide rises to 18.
- Train accident kills 21 in eastern India.
HAMBANTOTA: Pakistan and Sri Lanka begin a three-match one-day series on Saturday hoping to gauge each other's firepower and bench strength ahead of the World Cup just six months away. The two former world champions have been drawn in different halves for one-day cricket's showpiece that is to be...🕔 1:35 PM - August 22, 2014
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
- Moores gets second stint as England coach.
PESHAWAR: Chief Minister Pervez Khattak has directed the officials and heads of relevant institutions to take proper care of the internally displaced persons (IDPs) like other citizens of the...🕔 1:35 PM - August 22, 2014
PESHAWAR: The current political crisis in the country can give an opportunity to third political force for intervention, if the political leadership didn’t responded timely, said...🕔 1:35 PM - August 22, 2014
PESHAWAR: A major terrorism bid was foiled in Peshawar's Chamkani area Wednesday when the bomb disposal unit defused a home-made explosive device. Assistant Inspector General of Police and BDU...🕔 1:35 PM - August 22, 2014
LOGAR: Some 700 Taliban fighters armed with heavy machine guns are battling Afghan security forces in Logar province, just outside the capital Kabul, Afghan officials said on Tuesday. "There are some 700 of them and they are fighting Afghan forces for territorial control and they have also...🕔 3:47 PM - August 19, 2014
- Afghan special forces in talks with Taliban in Helmand.
- Attacks kill Nato soldier, three Afghan policemen.
- Rival Afghan presidential candidates sign deal to.
- Taliban kill four Afghan policemen in attack in.
- US general reportedly killed by Afghan soldier.
- Afghan soldier opens fire on Nato troops.
- Afghanistan vote audit to restart at weekend.
- Afghan suicide attack kill Karzai's cousin: officials.
- War to continue till presence of foreign troops in.
- Gunmen kill 15 civilians travelling in central.
KARACHI: Pakistani stocks witnessed a sharp ascent on Thursday as Karachi Stock Exchange 100-index rose by 400 points and crossed the level of 29,000. In the inter-bank market, the dollar fell to 100.90 rupees as it saw a slight decline of 20 paisa. The foreign investors with net purchases of...🕔 12:18 PM - August 21, 2014
- KSE-100 plummets over 400 points.
- Stocks plummet by more than 300 points at KSE-100.
- Business Community rejects Imran’s civil.
- Protests causing losses to Pakistan’s economy: Dar.
- NBP eyes Burj Bank, plans due diligence.
- Political uncertainty hits rupee.
- KSE plummet over 450 points as fears grow over.
- KSE crash over 4pc on political uncertainty.
- Karachi stocks plummet over 1300 points.
- Pakistan’s GDP seen growing by 4.1pc in 2014.
ISLAMABAD: Nazia Hassan was the most influential and popular female singer and probably the only real pop singer of the 80’s and 90’s in both India and Pakistan. Nazia Hassan was born in...🕔 10:08 AM - August 13, 2014
- New drama ‘Mein Adakara Banungi’ begins.
- Film 'Jinnah' screened to mark Independence.
- NAPA announces admission for Music, Theatre.
- Djokovic to wed longtime girlfriend.
- Zohra Sehgal dies at 102.
- Ahmed Nadeem Qasmi is being remembered.
- Lindsay sues 'Grand Theft Auto V' videogame.
- Shaan starts work on new film.
- Renowned pashto actor Murad Ali passes away.
- PNCA to organize stage play 'Gudian.