ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has said that the economic position of Pakistan has improved as compared to the last year. He said this while talking to a group of Parliamentarians from Sahiwal Division and Multan Division in Islamabad on Friday. The Prime Minister said last year...
- India summons US ambassador over diplomat detentionNEW DELHI: India on Friday summoned the US ambassador to New Delhi to protest the detention of one of
- Country's economic position has improved: PMISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif has said that the economic position of Pakistan has improved
- Sindh govt asks SHC to move nine murder cases outside provinceKARACHI: The Sindh Home department has approached the chief justice of the Sindh High Court to transfer
- Smith’s 103 helps Australia recover to 326-6PERTH: Steve Smith posted his first hundred on home soil to help Australia recover from another stuttering
- 22 escape from Baghdad jailBAGHDAD: Iraqi officials say 22 suspects facing terrorism charges have escaped from a jail in northern
- NICL scame: I will see how anyone arrest me' Gilani tells NABMULTAN: Former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani has refused to appear before the National Accountability
- Sindh govt agrees to hold LB polls on Jan 18KARACHI: The Sindh government has agreed to hold local bodies (LB) elections in the province on January
- Treason trial: Special court summons Musharraf on Dec 24ISLAMABAD: The special court formed for the treason trial, has summoned former president General (retd)
- 12543 arrested so far in Karachi operationISLAMABAD: The National Assembly was informed on Friday that 12543 arrests have been made by Sindh Rangers
- Army chief calls on PMISLAMABAD: Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif at the PM
- Policeman killed in attack on Swabi polio teamSWABI: Gunmen attacked a polio vaccination team in Swabi district on Friday, killing a policeman who
- UN report concludes chemical weapons used in SyriaUNITED NATIONS: Chemical weapons have been used at least five times during the Syrian conflict and in
- 'Time to die,' German clock told hospital patientPARIS: Doctors at a British hospital were startled when an upset patient told them that the clock in
- OGRA set to cut CNG price by 0.70 paisas per kgISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has decided to cut CNG price by 0.70 paisas per
- Pakistan to look into other options if Taliban talks fail: Mamnoon HussainKARACHI: President Mamnoon Hussain says that the government wants to resolve issues with Taliban militants
NICL scame: I will see how anyone arrest me' Gilani tells NAB
MULTAN: Former Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani has refused to appear before the National Accountability Bureau (NAB in National Insurance Company Limited (NICL) corruption case. “I will not appear before the NAB as I have immunity and no one can arrest me,” Gilani claimed while speaking to reporters at his Multan residence after receiving a notice from NAB adding he will see how
Sindh govt agrees to hold LB polls on Jan 18
KARACHI: The Sindh government has agreed to hold local bodies (LB) elections in the province on January 18 instead of March. This was decided in a meeting at Chief Minister House here on Friday. Sindh Information Minister Sharjeel Memon confirmed the decision of the government for holding LB elections on January 18, 2014. It is pertinent to mention here that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP)
Treason trial: Special court summons Musharraf on Dec 24
ISLAMABAD: The special court formed for the treason trial, has summoned former president General (retd) Pervez Musharraf on December 24. The summon notice to former dictator issued a day after Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) led federal government filed a complaint to the court, proposing his trial under Article 6 of the Constitution. The government had formed a special court to hear former
12543 arrested so far in Karachi operation
ISLAMABAD: The National Assembly was informed on Friday that 12543 arrests have been made by Sindh Rangers and Police during the ongoing targeted operation in Karachi. Minister of State for Interior Balighur Rehman told the House during question hour that Karachi police conducted 8230 raids in different areas of the provincial capital during the last three months‚ killing 83 criminals in different
Army chief calls on PM
ISLAMABAD: Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif at the PM House on Friday. They discussed security related matters and issues relating to national importance.
Policeman killed in attack on Swabi polio team
SWABI: Gunmen attacked a polio vaccination team in Swabi district on Friday, killing a policeman who was providing security and injured other, Police officials said. Unknown assailants opened fire on polio team who was on their way on Topi Road, killing Aijaz and injuring Iftikhar as result, police officials of Swabi police station said. Both the policemen were tasked to guard a polio
- Treason trial: Special court summons Musharraf on.
- 12543 arrested so far in Karachi operation.
- Army chief calls on PM.
- NICL scam: NAB asks police to produce Gilani.
- NADRA develops electronic Voting Machines for.
- Govt will support action against absent.
- Sindh LG polls to be held as per schedule: ECP.
- PM Nawaz visits South African Embassy? condoles.
- CJP takes notice of selective coverage of SC.
BAGHDAD: Iraqi officials say 22 suspects facing terrorism charges have escaped from a jail in northern Baghdad after killing a security guard. Two senior security officials say a manhunt for the...
- 22 escape from Baghdad jail.
- UN report concludes chemical weapons used in.
- 'Time to die,' German clock told hospital patient.
- JI leader's Abdul Quader Molla executes in.
- Saudi grand mufti calls suicide bombers.
- Suicide attack kills 5 policemen in Iraq.
- Pakistan gets GSP Plus status from European.
- Iran road accident kills 15, including 11 Afghans.
- Shahbaz, Manmohan discuss bilateral relations.
KABUL: A large explosion outside Nato's International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) headquarters rocked central Kabul on Thursday, although there was no immediate confirmation of casualties. The blast triggered the US embassy's “duck and cover” sirens. “We can confirm an...
- Suicide bomber attacks foreign troops in Afghanistan.
- Afghan police rescue woman from Taliban stoning.
- Hagel to visit Pakistan on Monday: US officials.
- US’s Hagel in Kabul, won't meet Karzai.
- Afghan minister tells Hagel security pact will be.
- Pentagon chief Hagel visits Kabul with troop accord in.
- Afghan president suggests delay in April polls.
- 4 cops killed in Afghanistan suicide blast.
- Karzai accuses US of cutting Afghan military supplies.
- Karzai nudges US closer to wholesale withdrawal.
BANNU: Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) on Thursday defused three bombs from Meryan Road of the city. According to the BDS officials, unidentified miscreants planted three bombs in the area which were...
PESHAWAR: The lawyer for the CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the United States track down Osama bin Laden, has fled Pakistan after receiving threats from militants, relatives said on...
PESHAWAR: Director Health Services FATA Dr. Pervaiz Kamal has said that local elders and influencers are being involved in polio eradication initiative (PEI) in the tribal areas in order to overcome...
KARACHI: The National selection committee has finally lost patience with misfiring middle-order batsman Umar Amin dropping him from the 15-man ODI squad announced today to take on Sri Lanka in five-match series. The 24-year-old had been...
- Australia wins 2nd Ashes test by 218 runs.
- De Kock leads South Africa to series win over India.
- M.Asif advances to next round of snooker championship.
- Taylor´s double ton helps NZ to mammoth total.
- Ireland win World Twenty20 qualifying tournament.
- Del Potro beats Isner to win Washington title.
- Sri Lanka crush South Africa in first one-day .
- Pakistan cricket team players return home.
- Guptill makes England suffer again.
- Key figure in Pakistan fixing scandal dies.
ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has decided to cut CNG price by 0.70 paisas per kilogram. According to the sources, the OGRA has prepared a summary for reduction in CNG price by 0.56 paisas to 0.70 paisas per kilogram. The CNG price, for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, and...
- Regime eliminates gas load shedding for industries.
- Asian shares lower on Fed tapering concerns.
- Karachi stock exchange up as rupee strengthens.
- Dar expresses satisfaction over economy’s progress.
- Dollar mixed in Asia after US budget deal.
- Oil prices edge lower.
- Pakistani stocks shed 120 points.
- Pakistan‚ Iran decide to expedite work on IP-gas.
- Weekly inflation goes down by 1.3 percent.
- Ishaq Dar releases details of IMF program.
ISLAMABAD: History of modern short story writing cannot be completed without mentioning Aslam Siraj Uddin. This is said by Mehmood Ahmed Qazi while presiding over the “Condolence...
- Actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91.
- Sindhi culture day being celebrated across.
- Dubai festival opens with award-winning.
- Five day Intl Book Fair begins in Karachi.
- Hollywood star Paul Walker dies in car crash.
- Pakistani film "Saya-e-Khuda-e-Zuljalal" to.
- Waheed Murad’s 30th death anniversary.
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz being remembered today.
- Super star Veena Malik to tie the knot.
- 'Thor' hammers out another box office.