ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has forecast rain-thunderstorm in upper Punjab parts of KP, Balochistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan and Kashmir during next 24 hours. Seasonal low lies over north-Balochistan and its adjoining area. Weak monsoon currents are penetrating upper parts...🕒 3:02 PM - July 24, 2016
- Seven insurgents arrested, arms recovered in BalochistanPANJGUR: Frontier Corps (FC) conducted search operation in parts of Balochistan, arresting seven insurgents
- PM for immediate action against officials over electrocution incidentLAHORE: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Sunday expressed his deep anger over the negligence of concerned
- Bangladesh arrests four female militants in hunt for cafe attackersDHAKA: Police in Bangladesh arrested on Sunday four female members of a home-grown militant group blamed
- Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishesTEHRAN: Iran destroyed 100,000 satellite dishes and receivers on Sunday as part of a widespread crackdown
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growthCHENGDU: Britain´s vote to leave the European Union heightens risks for the world economy, finance
- Mangal Bagh reportedly killed in Afghanistan drone strikeKABUL: Proscribed Lashkar-i-Islam’s commander and a notorious militant, Mangal Bagh died on Sunday
- Four dead in trailer, van collision in AttockATTOCK: Rawalpindi to Peshawar bound passenger van on Sunday met with an accident near Bahatar Interchange
- Khurshid Shah visits Civil Hospital in SukkurSUKKUR: Leader of Opposition in National Assembly Khurshid Shah on Sunday paid a sudden visit to the
- Rain, thunderstorm expected in different partsISLAMABAD: Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD) has forecast rain-thunderstorm in upper Punjab parts
- Two killed, 6 arrested during police action in KarachiKARACHI: Law Enforcement Agencies arrested six suspects including two target killers during action in
- Govt making efforts to purge terrorism from country: RashidISLAMABAD: Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has reiterated that terrorism will be eliminated from
- Pakistan condemns terrible attack in Munich, GermanyISLAMABAD: Pakistan has condemned the terrible attack in a shopping mall in Munich, Germany. In a statement
- CM Khattak announces establishing industrial estatesNOWSHERA: Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has announced establishing industrial estates
- Senate to meet on MondayISLAMABAD: The Senate will resume its session at Parliament House in Islamabad on Monday at 4:30 p.m.
- Kashmiris continue protest against Indian brutalitiesSRINAGAR: Death toll during the protests in Indian-held Kashmir against the killing of separatist leader
Seven insurgents arrested, arms recovered in Balochistan
PANJGUR: Frontier Corps (FC) conducted search operation in parts of Balochistan, arresting seven insurgents and recovered arms and ammunition on Sunday. According to FC spokesman, three insurgents were arrested from Khudabadan area of Panjgur. One SMG, 4 magazines, 2 rifles, 2 hand grenades and an air gun were recovered from the possession of the accused. In Kalat, the FC claimed to have arrested
🕒 6:07 PM - July 24, 2016
PM for immediate action against officials over electrocution incident
LAHORE: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Sunday expressed his deep anger over the negligence of concerned officials, leading to an electrocution incident in which two lives were lost after some power transmission lines had snapped. The prime minister ordered the authorities concerned to immediately fix responsibility over the criminal negligence, said a press release of the PM office media wing. He
🕒 6:04 PM - July 24, 2016
Mangal Bagh reportedly killed in Afghanistan drone strike
KABUL: Proscribed Lashkar-i-Islam’s commander and a notorious militant, Mangal Bagh died on Sunday due to a US drone strike in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province. According to reports, a drone strike targeted the Khoudi Khola area of the province on July 22. In the attack, the banned organisation’s leader got wounded and today he succumbed to his injuries. Intelligence and Taliban
🕒 3:26 PM - July 24, 2016
Four dead in trailer, van collision in Attock
ATTOCK: Rawalpindi to Peshawar bound passenger van on Sunday met with an accident near Bahatar Interchange in Attock. The van, trailer collision left four killed and seven injured. Rescue teams shifted the bodied and injured to the THQ hospital. Hospital sources said that four of the injured were in critical condition.
🕒 3:16 PM - July 24, 2016
CM Khattak announces establishing industrial estates
NOWSHERA: Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak has announced establishing industrial estates along Islamabad-Peshawar Motorway. He was addressing a public meeting at Aza Khel area in District Nowshera. The Chief Minister said recruitment process of two thousand seven hundred doctors has been initiated to overcome shortage of doctors in hospitals.
🕒 1:56 PM - July 24, 2016
Kashmiris continue protest against Indian brutalities
SRINAGAR: Death toll during the protests in Indian-held Kashmir against the killing of separatist leader Burhan Wani reached 55 with more than 5000 injured under treatment in hospitals. Hundreds of protesters tried to storm a military airbase in India-held Kashmir on Monday, the third day of deadly clashes between government forces and demonstrators angered by the killing of a popular young separatist
🕒 1:15 PM - July 24, 2016
- Govt making efforts to purge terrorism from.
- Pakistan condemns terrible attack in Munich,.
- Senate to meet on Monday.
- National Security Adviser to visit Iran today.
- Govt orders verification of 432 religious.
- HRCP demands a firm schedule for holding.
- Pakistan condemns Kabul twin blasts.
- PTI rejects AJK Elections, levels rigging.
- PM condemns Kabul blasts, expresses grief over.
DHAKA: Police in Bangladesh arrested on Sunday four female members of a home-grown militant group blamed for a bloody attack on a cafe in which 22 people were killed, most of them foreigners, an...🕒 5:38 PM - July 24, 2016
- Iran destroys 100,000 satellite dishes.
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth.
- Kashmiris continue protest against Indian.
- PPP leadership discuss Rangers powers extension.
- Hurriyet leaders refuse to meet visiting Indian.
- India searches for missing air force plane, no.
- Pakistan actively pursuing Kashmiris’ cause at.
- International body commends Pakistan's progress.
- Nine killed in Munich shooting ramapage by.
MANCHESTER: Pakistan was in all sorts of trouble at the close of play on the second day of the second Test at Old Trafford as the visitors lost four wickets with a mere total of 57 runs on the board while chasing England s mammoth score of 589 in the first innings. Woakes removed three Pakistani...🕒 11:36 PM - July 23, 2016
- Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international.
- Australia delays trip to Bangladesh over security.
- Pakistani breaks Guinness World Record.
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak has said that the matter of the angry members of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) was an internal issue of the party and intended not to...🕒 11:36 PM - July 23, 2016
PESHAWAR: Peshawar police here on Saturday arrested at least 102 suspected people including 32 Afghan nationals during search operation in different areas of Peshawar. The suspects also include 32...🕒 11:36 PM - July 23, 2016
PESHAWAR: A meeting of the PTI’s forward bloc in National Assembly and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was held here on Friday, which demanded of the party chief Imran Khan to curb corruption in...🕒 11:36 PM - July 23, 2016
KABUL: Proscribed Lashkar-i-Islam’s commander and a notorious militant, Mangal Bagh died on Sunday due to a US drone strike in Afghanistan’s Nangarhar province. According to reports, a drone strike targeted the Khoudi Khola area of the province on July 22. In the attack, the banned...🕒 3:26 PM - July 24, 2016
- Ashraf Ghani stresses Pak-Afghan concerted efforts for.
- 80 dead as IS claims twin blasts during Kabul protest.
- Kabul bombing death toll rises to 61: report.
- Kabul in lockdown as Hazaras rally over power line.
- Taliban attacks threaten disputed Afghan district.
- US delivers 5 new combat helicopters to Afghan Air.
- No plans to revive peace talks with Taliban, says.
- US troops in Afghanistan can strike Taliban more.
- Ghani hopes Pakistan will act agianst militant groups.
- Pakistan should expel militants fighting against.
ISLAMABAD: The government is likely to reduce the price of petroleum by Rs1.30 per litre from August 1. The summary proposed that the prices of High Speed Diesel (HSD), Light Diesel Oil (LDO), High Octane Blending Component (HOBC) and kerosene oil be slashed. The price of HSD, the most widely...🕒 2:03 PM - July 19, 2016
- ADB forecasts economic boost in Pakistan in 2016, 2017.
- FBR to take decisive steps against tax evaders.
- Dar orders timely completion of foreign funded.
- Reserves cross $23b due to govt's effective policies:.
- Banks to ensure ATMs functional in Eid ul Fitr.
- FBR achieves tax collection target of Rs 3104 billion.
- SBP announces bank holidays from July 5 to 8.
- POL prices to remain unchanged for July: Dar.
- SB announces bank holidays for Eid.
- Dastgir vows to intensify trade diplomacy with EU.