ISLAMABAD: Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has on Monday held former Additional Secretary ECP Afzal Khan responsible for the irregularities in Election 2013 and recommended action against him. According to sources, ECP members have recommended action to ECP chief against Afzal Khan. They...🕔 9:23 PM - August 3, 2015
- Indian army violates ceasefire again, five injured SIALKOT: At least five people-Three children and two women- were injured due to unprovoked Indian shelling
- Shafqat Hussain hanged in Karachi Central JailKARACHI: Shafqat Hussain, who was awarded a death sentence for kidnapping and later killing a seven-year-old
- ECP to initiate investigation against Afzal KhanISLAMABAD: Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has on Monday held former Additional Secretary ECP Afzal
- Army Chief visits Layya for rescue, flood relief operationRAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif visited Layya in Punjab for ongoing rescue
- Amir Khan to help Pakistani boxers win medalsLAHORE: Pakistani-origin British boxer Amir Khan has vowed to train the young boxers in his international
- International XI to visit Pakistan next year: ShaharyarKARACHI: An International XI will be visiting Pakistan next year, Chairman, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)
- PTI submits anti-Altaf documents to Scotland YardLONDON: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Faisal Vawda met officials of Scotland Yard in London and handed
- KP NAB arrests four in illegal land transfer casePESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa National Accountability Bureau (NAB) here on Monday claimed the arrest
- Govt to table condemnation resolution in NA against Altaf HussainISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Senator Pervaiz Rashid has on Monday said
- Shafqat Hussain to be hanged on TuesdayKARACHI: Shafqat Hussain, a convicted killer, will face gallows on Tuesday after several stays of his
- SHC summons Kaneria over ECB's spot-fixing recovery claimsKARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Monday summoned Pakistan’s banned leg spinner Danish Kaneria
- Balochistan govt to provide security for anti-polio driveQUETTA: The Home Department of Balochistan has decided to take adequate security measures to ensure safety
- Shoaib Akhtar names Imran Khan as ‘childhood hero’ISLAMABAD: Former Pakistani fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar has named cricket legend Imran Khan as his childhood
- Six killed in roof collapse in Bajaur AgencyBAJAUR AGENCY: At least six people were killed and five others were injured when a roof of a house came
- Imran should abstain from point scoring: Zaeem QadriLAHORE: Criticizing Imran Khan’s statement the spokesman of Punjab government Zaeem Qadri asked
Indian army violates ceasefire again, five injured
SIALKOT: At least five people-Three children and two women- were injured due to unprovoked Indian shelling near Sukhial village on Working Boundary near Sialkot. According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), Pakistani troops befittingly responded to Indian shelling.
🕔 10:09 AM - August 4, 2015
Shafqat Hussain hanged in Karachi Central Jail
KARACHI: Shafqat Hussain, who was awarded a death sentence for kidnapping and later killing a seven-year-old boy, was hanged till death in Central Jail Karachi at 4:00 AM on Tuesday. IG Prisons confirmed that Shafqat Hussain's execution has been performed. Earlier, a team of doctors examined Shafqat Hussain's health and declared him to be well. Later, Shafqat Hussain’s family was allowed to
🕔 9:25 AM - August 4, 2015
Army Chief visits Layya for rescue, flood relief operation
RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif visited Layya in Punjab for ongoing rescue and flood relief operation, the ISPR said on Monday. Director General, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR),Asim Saleem Bajwa tweeted that the COAS expressed the deepest regret over devastation and loss of life as well as property . Gen Sharif directed commanders to remain vigilant and employ
🕔 9:20 PM - August 3, 2015
KP NAB arrests four in illegal land transfer case
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa National Accountability Bureau (NAB) here on Monday claimed the arrest of four members of the Provincial Revenue Ministry in an illegal land transfer case. According to a press release, Ex-Provincial Minister for Revenue Syed Murid Kazim, Revenue & Estate District Officers Qayyum Nawaz and Riaz Muhammad, and Assistant Provincial Board of Revenue Department Gul
🕔 7:59 PM - August 3, 2015
Govt to table condemnation resolution in NA against Altaf Hussain
ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information and Broadcasting Senator Pervaiz Rashid has on Monday said a resolution condemning Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain’s statements can be brought in the National Assembly. As the reaction to Altaf’s speech gets stronger, Jamaat Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq has said that the genie is out of the bottle while Pakistan Muslim
🕔 7:44 PM - August 3, 2015
Two peace committee members killed in roadside blast in Jamrud
JAMRUD: At least two members of peace committee were killed in a roadside bomb explosion in Ghundai area of Jamrud tehsil in Khyber Agency here on Monday. According to details, unknown miscreants had planted remote controlled bomb device on a roadside in Ghundai area of Jamrud tehsil. The bomb exploded when the peace committee vehicle was passing through the area. Khyber Agency political administration
🕔 6:28 PM - August 3, 2015
- Govt to table condemnation resolution in NA.
- Govt committed to eradicate polio virus by 2016:.
- Govt, entire nation has confidence on Army Chief:.
- Nacta chairman Hamid Ali Khan resigns.
- Siraj calls for ECP's administrative, financial.
- PM, COAS discuss security situation, Zarb-e-Azb.
- CPEC will benefit the entire region: President.
- PTI stage sit-in after Core Committee decision:.
- Govt to initiate legal action against Altaf.
LONDON: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Faisal Vawda met officials of Scotland Yard in London and handed documents against Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain. Talking to media...🕔 8:11 PM - August 3, 2015
- Predecessor says Yemen leader Hadi should be.
- Erdogan says Putin may give up on Assad.
- Two Turkish soldiers killed, 24 wounded in 'PKK.
- Bin Laden relatives killed in UK plane crash.
- Osama bin Laden's relatives reportedly killed in.
- Four Indians detained in IS stronghold in Libya.
- Obama urges supporters to lobby for Iran deal.
- US lauds Pakistan’s role in Afghan peace.
- Pakistan urges international community to help.
LAHORE: Pakistani-origin British boxer Amir Khan has vowed to train the young boxers in his international standard academy to be inaugurated in mid of the next year here at the Nishtar Park Sports Complex. Speaking at the press briefing, Amir said: “Pakistani youth has great potential...🕔 8:29 PM - August 3, 2015
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly will adopt condemnation resolution against the MQM chief Altaf Hussain’s controversial speech on Tuesday. As per details, the PTI members in KP...🕔 8:29 PM - August 3, 2015
PESHAWAR: The heavy torrential rains coupled with flash floods and earthquake have killed 73 people and injured 31 others in different parts of the province, report says. The report issued by KP...🕔 8:29 PM - August 3, 2015
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Police is all set to observe August 4, the death anniversary of legendary cop Safwat Ghayur, as Police Martyrs Day to pay tributes to all the martyred policemen of...🕔 8:29 PM - August 3, 2015
SHEBERGHAN: A self-proclaimed "kingmaker" and bulwark against the Taliban with a penchant for creating friends out of yesterday s foes, the colourful General Abdul Rashid Dostum, vice-president and former warlord, makes his call to arms from his imposing concrete redoubt in northern...🕔 5:09 PM - August 3, 2015
- Afghan government says it won't separately deal with.
- Haqqani network founder backs new Taliban chief.
- New Taliban leader calls for unity in ranks in first.
- Mullah Mansoor vows to continue ‘jehad’ for.
- Afghanistan launches big operation against Taliban,IS.
- Afghan Taliban rejects Haqqani’s death reports.
- Jalaluddin Haqani is also dead, Taliban sources.
- Mullah Zakir rejects reports about differences with.
- Taliban announce Mullah Mansour as new leader.
- Afghan Taliban spokesman confirms Mullah Omar death.
SINGAPORE: Oil extended losses on Monday on worries of oversupply as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (Opec) pumped at record levels in July, while weak China data stoked concerns about slower growth at the world's second largest oil consumer. Saudi Arabia and other key...🕔 3:16 PM - August 3, 2015
- Traders observe shutter-down strike against.
- Terrorists have no option but to surrender or die: IG.
- Traders announce countrywide strike as talks on.
- SBP maintains discount rate at 7 percent.
- Foreign Exchange Reserves up $ 87.5M: SBP.
- Oil prices mixed in Asia, WTI stays below $50.
- Gold prices dips to five-and-half-year lowest.
- Greek banks reopen, capital controls to remain .
- SSGC warns to cut gas connection of Pakistan Steel.
- Nepra approves Rs2.68 per unit cut in power tariff.
LAHORE: A civil judge on Friday issued arrest warrants for Pakistani film actress Meera on petition filed by Atiqur Rehman. Civil judge issued the arrest warrants and ordered to present her before...🕔 12:59 PM - July 31, 2015
- Play 'Baraf Paani' to be performed in.
- Mishi Khan's pre-arrest bail in fraud case.
- Ayyan Ali's currency smuggling case hearing.
- Ayyan reaches Islamabad for court appearance.
- Supermodel Ayyan Ali released from Adiala.
- 23 years filmi-er: Shahrukh Khan thanks fans.
- Kareena Kapoor Wishes to Visit Pakistan.
- Hearing of Ayyan Ali's bail plea to be.
- Shanghai film festival opens, taking aim at.
- Civil court issues arrest warrants for Meera.