ISLAMABAD: US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, James Dobbin, called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Islamabad on Friday. Sources said the two sides discussed issues of bilateral relations besides exchanging views on mutual interest. Officials said Federal Finance Minister...
- US envoy James Dobbin meets PM NawazISLAMABAD: US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, James Dobbin, called on Prime Minister
- Special Court reserves ruling on FIA reportISLAMABAD: The Special Court trying former president Pervez Musharraf on charges of high treason has
- TTP splinter group behind attack on Shafiq Tanoli: PoliceKARACHI: Police Special Investigation Unit (SIU) has indicated that Abid Muchar group of the Tehreek-e-Taliban
- PM Nawaz to inaugurate Uch Power Plant Phase II todayDERA MURAD JAMALI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will inaugurate Uch Power Plant Phase II on Friday, media
- US warns Russia against ‘expensive mistake’ in UkraineSLAVYANSK: The United States warned Russia Thursday against making an "expensive mistake" in
- Oil prices upSINGAPORE: Oil prices rose in Asian trade Friday after Russia ordered new military exercises on the border
- PM Nawaz to inaugurate Uch Power Plant II today DERA MURAD JAMALI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is scheduled to inaugurate Uch Power Plant Phase II Friday. This
- Swabi: Gun-attack kills seven of a family, seven injuredSWABI: At least seven people of a family were killed and seven others wounded in a gun attack in Yar
- Asian shares mixed, eyes on Ukraine crisis HONG KONG: Asian markets were mixed on Friday, with another upbeat lead from Wall Street overshadowed
- Young players need guidance: Moin Khan LAHORE: Manager and chief selector of Pakistan Cricket team Moin Khan said on Thursday that the team
- Four policemen killed Dera Murad Jamali attackDERA MURAD JAMALI: At least four policemen including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) were killed in
- Waqar is the best man for the job: InzamamLAHORE: Pakistan batting legend Inzamam-ul-Haq on Thursday backed Waqar Younis to be given another chance
- PCB announce 6-member selection committeeLAHORE: Pakistan cricket board (PCB) announced a 6-member selection committee on Thursday with Moin Khan
- Thatta declares as division of SindhKARACHI: Sindh government has given status of division to Thatta, which was previously a district. Now,
- Hamid Mir still holds ISI responsible for attackKARACHI: Senior journalist Hamid Mir has issued his first official statement after regaining consciousness
US envoy James Dobbin meets PM Nawaz
ISLAMABAD: US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan, James Dobbin, called on Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Islamabad on Friday. Sources said the two sides discussed issues of bilateral relations besides exchanging views on mutual interest. Officials said Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and US Ambassador to Pakistan, Richard Olson, were also present at the meeting.
Special Court reserves ruling on FIA report
ISLAMABAD: The Special Court trying former president Pervez Musharraf on charges of high treason has reserved its ruling over handing over of FIA investigation report to the accused. A three-member bench, headed by Justice Faisal Arab, resumed hearing of the case today at Islamabad and later adjourned it till Monday, April 28. Barrister Farogh Nasim, the defence counsel of former army ruler, appeared
TTP splinter group behind attack on Shafiq Tanoli: Police
KARACHI: Police Special Investigation Unit (SIU) has indicated that Abid Muchar group of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) was behind the deadly attack on Shafiq Tanoli. Shafiq Tanoli, the in-charge of the police Special Investigation team and an investigating officer for the murder case of Geo Television reporter Wali Babar was killed in the eighth attempt on his life Karachi’s Old
PM Nawaz to inaugurate Uch Power Plant Phase II today
DERA MURAD JAMALI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will inaugurate Uch Power Plant Phase II on Friday, media reported. Uch Power Plant Phase II is located nearby Dera Murad Jamali. Since PM is supposed to visit the area, Dera Murad Jamali has been embellished and prepared to welcome Nawaz Sharif. And also the security measures in Dera Murad Jamali have been upgraded. All the entry and exit spots are
Swabi: Gun-attack kills seven of a family, seven injured
SWABI: At least seven people of a family were killed and seven others wounded in a gun attack in Yar Hussain area of Swabi district here on Friday morning. Police said that some unidentified armed men open indiscriminate firing on a vehicle in Yay Hussain area of Swabi, resulting seven people were killed and seven others sustained injuries. The deceased and injured were shifted to hospital. The injured
Four policemen killed Dera Murad Jamali attack
DERA MURAD JAMALI: At least four policemen including an assistant sub-inspector (ASI) were killed in attack on a police vehicle in Dera Murad Jamali here on Thursday. According to details, some unknown persons targeted a police vehicle near Dargah Shehnsha in Chatar Tehsil killing ASI Karim Bakhsh Bhangar, Head Constable Sadoora Khan Pahor, Constable Rawat Khan Domki and Constable Wahid Bakash. The
- Special Court reserves ruling on FIA report.
- PTI regrets tirade against ISI by Geo, Jang group.
- US special representative James Dobbins calls on.
- ANF arrests 9 drug peddler, recovers drugs.
- PM Nawaz to visit UK from April 30th.
- Musharraf taken Nov 3 actions after PM,.
- Pakistan terms Indian criticism on its.
- Treason case: Musharraf's lawyer requests for.
- Freedom of expression basic right of every.
SLAVYANSK: The United States warned Russia Thursday against making an "expensive mistake" in Ukraine, as Moscow ordered new military exercises on its shared border after Kiev forces...
- West tried to stage ‘revolution’ in Ukraine:.
- China frees Japan ship after $28 mn paid in 1930s.
- Pakistan envoy ´encouraged´ by Modi´s remarks.
- Bangladesh court orders Khaleda's trial go ahead.
- Obama visit lifts lid on simmering Asia tensions.
- Farbrace resigns as Sri Lanka's coach.
- Saudi health minister sacked as MERS toll rises.
- Syria calls June 3 presidential election.
- Japan lodges protest against China ship seizure.
LAHORE: Manager and chief selector of Pakistan Cricket team Moin Khan said on Thursday that the team had talented young players and only need guidance. While talking to media here, Khan said "collective performance of Pakistan's players is...
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
- Moores gets second stint as England coach.
- Court orders auction of Ijaz Ahmed’s property.
- Wisden laments 'Big 3' ICC.
- Bilawal requests Maradona to train Pakistani street.
- Shoaib Akhtar to begin coaching career with State Bank.
- Mushtaq Ahmed expected to become bowling coach.
- India beat Australia in World Twenty20.
- Sri Lanka confident of tackling New Zealand in.
- Pakistan lose to New Zealand by 59 runs.
SWAT: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has won the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa assembly seat PK-86 Swat constituency on Thursday. PTI candidate Dr. Haider Ali bagged top position in PK-86 Swat constituency...
SWAT: Voting underway for the by-elections Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly seat, PK-86 Swat and Sindh Assembly seat, PS-35, (Larkana-I). The voting will continue till 5 pm. In Swat, there are 134,614...
SWAT: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif visited Swat on Wednesday. During his visit the army chief inaugurated a post-graduate college and paramedical institute at Saidu Sharif....
KABUL: A guard at a Kabul hospital run by a US charity opened fire on staff Thursday, killing at least one foreign doctor and wounding several other people, medics said. “He was a guard, he has shot doctors here. One foreign doctor is dead,” said a doctor who was treating the wounded...
- Afghan election result delayed due to fraud probe.
- US force in Afghanistan may be cut to less than 10,000.
- Taliban negotiator released in UAE, returns to.
- Abdullah still ahead in new partial Afghan results.
- Taliban inmates break out of Afghan prison.
- Afghan authorities hunting for 3 fugitives of jail.
- Taliban negotiator under house arrest in UAE, says.
- Afghan poll hopeful Ghani wants 'special relationship'.
- Afghan Taliban deny Omar's link to pamphlet on TTP.
- Afghan deputy minister kidnapped: officials.
SINGAPORE: Oil prices rose in Asian trade Friday after Russia ordered new military exercises on the border with Ukraine in response to Kiev launching a deadly assault against pro-Kremlin rebels occupying a flashpoint town. US benchmark, West Texas Intermediate for June delivery, was up two cents...
- Asian shares mixed, eyes on Ukraine crisis .
- ADB approves $400 million loan for Pakistan.
- Asian stocks mixed on Obama visit, US dip.
- First phase of 3G, 4G Spectrum bidding completes.
- ‘3G auction begins today’ .
- KSE end higher; rupee weakens, o/n rates rise.
- NEPRA decreases power tariff by Rs. 1 per unit.
- Development fund cut to meet IMF terms.
- Oil prices down.
- KSE-100 closes lower, rupee weakens.
ISLAMABAD: The 8th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest, organized by Indus Motor Company, kicked off with a grand event in Islamabad today. The Toyota Dream Car Art Contest is targeted towards school...
- Winners of short film contest ‘Heroes of.
- International Day for Monuments and Sites.
- 73rd birth anniversary of Aziz Mian qawwal.
- 5th death anniversary of Pareshan Khattak.
- Court orders FIA to file case against Meera.
- Pakistani visual effects artist wins third.
- PSFW Day 2: A series of hits and misses.
- Ahmed Rushdi remembered today .
- “This show will be groundbreaking”.
- Court orders registration of case against.