ISLAMABAD: Federal Climate Change Secretary Arif Ahmed Khan said that climate change is posing a serious risk to Pakistan’s development gains and new development plans being thrashed out for achieving sustainable socio-economic development goals. “However, mainstreaming climate change...🕔 8:37 PM - September 2, 2015
- One traffic constable killed another injured in KarachiKARACHI: One traffic constable was killed and another was wounded in a drive-by shooting in Karachi on
- Former DIG Balochistan shot dead in QuettaQUETTA: Unknown gunmen shot and killed a former deputy inspector general of Balochistan in Quetta, police
- Bilawal urges PPP lawmakers to unite and mobilize party workersLARKANA: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) co-chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Wednesday headed a
- 31 terrorists killed in air strikes in Khyber, NWAISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s military on Wednesday said it had killed at least 31 militants in air strikes
- Shahid Afridi to feature in charity match at OvalISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s T20 captain Shahid Khan Afridi will participate in a charity match at the
- World Bank offers to help Pakistan tackle climate changeISLAMABAD: Federal Climate Change Secretary Arif Ahmed Khan said that climate change is posing a serious
- PML-Q demands resignation from all 4 ECP membersLAHORE: PML-Q also demanded from four members of Election Commission to withdraw from its post. Chaudhry
- Sartaj Aziz to visit Afghanistan on Sept 4ISLAMABAD: Foreign Adviser Sartaj Aziz would make his one day visit of Afghanistan on September
- Khursheed Shah contacts Maulana Fazl on telephoneISLAMABAD: Leaders of the Opposition in National Assembly Syed Khursheed Shah and JUI-F Ameer Maulana
- Rangers raid Ziauddin hospital Nazimabad againKARACHI: The Sindh Rangers conducted a raid on Zaiuddin Hospital in Nazimabad again here on Wednesday
- Another polio case surfaces in QuettaQUETTA: A minor girl was diagnosed with crippling poliovirus in Quetta on Wednesday bringing the total
- US envoy calls on Imran Khan, discuss Afghanistan situationISLAMABAD: United States Ambassador Richard G. Olson here on Wednesday called on Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf
- Zardari's statement not based on facts: SanaullahLAHORE: Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has said that Asif Zardari statement regarding Model Town
- IHC approves bail of Yousuf Raza Gillani in 9th caseISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) here on Wednesday approved bail of former Prime Minister Syed
- Despite differences, politicians should not cross red-line: SaadLAHORE: Minister for Railways Khawaja Saad Rafiq says the demand of Imran Khan for extension in tenure
Former DIG Balochistan shot dead in Quetta
QUETTA: Unknown gunmen shot and killed a former deputy inspector general of Balochistan in Quetta, police said. The gun attack took place on Sariab Road. According to the police, former DIG Qazi Wahid was targeted in front of his house in Quetta. He died on the spot. Police shifted Qazi Wahid’s body to Civil Hospital for medico-legal formalities and launched a probe.
🕔 11:19 PM - September 2, 2015
Bilawal urges PPP lawmakers to unite and mobilize party workers
LARKANA: Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) co-chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Wednesday headed a session of party leaders in Naudero in which he expressed concern over ongoing actions of the federal institutions in Sindh. PPP also reviewed Rangers’ authorities in Sindh and also considered bringing the issue to the Sindh province. Bilawal has directed party’s lawmakers in National
🕔 9:30 PM - September 2, 2015
31 terrorists killed in air strikes in Khyber, NWA
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s military on Wednesday said it had killed at least 31 militants in air strikes in northwest Pakistan, near the Afghan border. It said in a brief statement that militant hideouts were targeted in Khyber Agency and Shawal Valley of North Wziristan Agency, with 14 “terrorists” killed in Khyber and 17 in Shawal. Pakistan has been battling a homegrown Islamist insurgency
🕔 9:23 PM - September 2, 2015
Sartaj Aziz to visit Afghanistan on Sept 4
ISLAMABAD: Foreign Adviser Sartaj Aziz would make his one day visit of Afghanistan on September 04. He will represent Pakistan in Afghan Economic Conference in Kabul. According to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the delegation with Sartaj Aziz would also go to Afghanistan, Foreign Adviser will represent the conference to be held in Kabul. In addition, the Afghan leadership meeting
🕔 8:30 PM - September 2, 2015
US envoy calls on Imran Khan, discuss Afghanistan situation
ISLAMABAD: United States Ambassador Richard G. Olson here on Wednesday called on Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan at Bani Gala and discussed with him the ongoing political scenario and security situation in Afghanistan. According to PTI spokesman, the US envoy apprised Imran Khan on the details of the recent visit of US National Security Adviser Susan Rice. The meeting between Richard
🕔 6:42 PM - September 2, 2015
IHC approves bail of Yousuf Raza Gillani in 9th case
ISLAMABAD: The Islamabad High Court (IHC) here on Wednesday approved bail of former Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gillani in ninth case, while Yousuf Raza Gillani said that cases have been made against him on daily basis, adding that he is ready to face the court, but will never accept character assassination of anyone. Former Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gillani when appeared in court for pre-arrest
🕔 6:26 PM - September 2, 2015
- Sartaj Aziz to visit Afghanistan on Sept 4.
- Khursheed Shah contacts Maulana Fazl on telephone.
- US envoy calls on Imran Khan, discuss Afghanistan.
- IHC approves bail of Yousuf Raza Gillani in 9th.
- ECP summons political parties meeting on Sept 10.
- Army Chief confirms death sentence for five more.
- Cell phone services to be suspended in Islamabad.
- imran renews call for ECP members resignation,.
- Imran Khan to meet Chief Election Commissioner.
BEIJING: Almost all members of the Uighur militant group the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) have been eliminated from Pakistan, President Mamnoon Hussain said on Wednesday during a visit to...🕔 1:29 PM - September 2, 2015
- Can Clinton candidacy unravel over her emails?.
- Abdul Hafeez Pirzada passes away in London.
- Nepal police firing kills five protesters.
- JI chief Siraj-ul-Haq’s extensive UK tour.
- US encourages Pak, India to hold dialogue.
- US Iran´s ´No.1 enemy´ despite nuclear deal:.
- Monsoon floods swamp northeast Indian villages,.
- India's top court suspends ban on Jains fasting.
- Egypt sets Oct election date, after 3 years.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s T20 captain Shahid Khan Afridi will participate in a charity match at the Oval on September 17 called Cricket for Heroes. The swashbuckling all-rounder will also be joined by India’s MS Dhoni and Virender Sehwag for the fundraising match for Help for Heroes, the...🕔 8:56 PM - September 2, 2015
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Sardar Mehtab Ahmed Khan has said the legal community is playing vital role in the strengthening democracy in the country. He was addressing the oath taking...🕔 8:56 PM - September 2, 2015
PESHAWAR: A First Information Report (FIR) was registered on Wednesday against suspended Station House Officer (SHO) of Urmar Police Station, Ijaz Khan, for killing a petty criminal today in a police...🕔 8:56 PM - September 2, 2015
PESHAWAR: Unknown armed men on Wednesday attacked police party killing three and injuring seven others in Armarh area of Peshawar, said police officials. The police sources said that that they were...🕔 8:56 PM - September 2, 2015
KABUL: Afghan Taliban on Monday admitted covering up longtime leader Mullah Omar’s death for more than two years, saying he died in 2013 as was first claimed by the Afghan intelligence. The group had continued as recently as July to release official statements in the name of Omar, who had...🕔 2:05 PM - August 31, 2015
- Rocket attack kill two civilians in Maidan Wardak,.
- Afghan forces regain control of a symbolic district in.
- Pakistan embassy staff in Kabul limits movement.
- 550 Afghan refugees return to Afghanistan.
- Two NATO soldiers killed in Afghan ‘insider.
- Explosions at Afghan gas terminal kill 10 children.
- Airstrike kills Jundullah chief in Kunduz,.
- Bomb in northern Afghan town kills one, says official.
- Afghan Air Force, Coalition airstrikes leaves 37.
- Kabul car bomb kills 12 including three Americans.
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s annual inflation rate fell to 1.72 percent in August from 1.80 percent in July, the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics said on Tuesday. It was the lowest year-on-year inflation in over 12 years. “Pakistan’s inflation has been relatively low in the past year,...🕔 7:44 PM - September 1, 2015
- Oil prices dip in Asia after huge rally.
- Ishaq Dar approves draft of trade policy .
- OGRA recommends Rs 6.15 cut in petrol price from Sept.
- Asian stocks up for second day on US growth.
- Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad stokc markets merge.
- Oil prices up in Asian trade.
- KSE stocks fall in volatile session, rupee weakens.
- Pakistan merging its stock exchanges into one.
- Oil prices near six-year lows ahead of US energy.
- ADB announces new $1.2 bn annual package for Pakistan.
LAHORE: Pakistani famous comedian Iftikhar Thakur on Wednesday filed petition against exhibition of Indian films in Pakistan. According to details, Theater actor Iftikhar Thakur showed his...🕔 3:26 PM - September 2, 2015
- Hamza Ali Abbasi to direct telefilm on APS.
- Court extends actress Mishi Khan's interim.
- Actress Zarine Khan gets questioned at.
- Fawad and Mahira Khan reunite after Humsafar.
- Hamza threatens to withdraw from Jawani Phir.
- LHC stops Saif Ali Khan's 'Phantom' from.
- Model Ayyan honors inauguration ceremony at.
- Reham Khan announces film Janaan's cast and.
- Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan remembered on 18th.
- Shakira's hit song 'Loca' not plagiarism,.