ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to move against former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani in the multi-billion NICL scam. According to reports the anti-corruption body is considering to summon Gilani through police....
- NICL scam: NAB decides to move against former PM GilaniISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to move against former prime minister
- One dead, four injured in Quetta violenceQUETTA: At least one person was killed and four others injured on Wednesday in a firing incident in Liaquat
- Iftikhar Chaudhry bids farewell, expresses confidence in JillaniISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry marked the end of his term on Wednesday with a speech
- Pakistan after winning the toss decide to bowl firstDUBAI: Pakistan has won the toss in first T-20 match against Sri Lanka and decided to bowl first.
- COAS Raheel Sharif arrives in Quetta on two-day official visitQUETTA: Army Chief General Raheel Sharif has arrived in Quetta on a two day official visit. On arrival
- Afghanistan cricket team to tour Zimbabwe next monthKABUL: Afghanistan will travel to Zimbabwe next month, an official said on Wednesday, marking the fast-improving
- CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi’s lawyer flees after threatsPESHAWAR: The lawyer for the CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the United States track down Osama
- Karachi police detain six alleged target killersKARACHI: Karachi South Zone Police on Wednesday arrested five criminals allegedly involved in the incidents
- Dar expresses satisfaction over economy’s progressISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has said the economy is moving on the right track with 5% GDP growth
- PTI condemns forcible breaking down of Anarkali ChurchISLAMABAD: On behalf of PTI, Central Information Secretary Shireen Mazari today condemned the forcible
- Legal team formed in Musharraf treason caseISLAMABAD: A ten-member legal team for the complainant was formed in treason case against former president
- Pakistan, India need to jointly address challenges: RaghavanISLAMABAD: India and Pakistan face similar challenges and there is need to jointly address them. This
- Media snooker tournment begins in IslamabadISLAMABAD: President Islamabad Billiards and Snooker Association (IBSA) Dr. Shahzad Waseem said that
- MoU signed between Pakistani and Sudanese Political Leadership ISLAMABAD: Secretary General of Pakistan Muslim League Senator Mushahid Hussain Sayed has called to address
- Tribute paid to prominent short story writer Aslam Siraj-ud-DinISLAMABAD: History of modern short story writing cannot be completed without mentioning Aslam Siraj Uddin.
NICL scam: NAB decides to move against former PM Gilani
ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to move against former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani in the multi-billion NICL scam. According to reports the anti-corruption body is considering to summon Gilani through police.
One dead, four injured in Quetta violence
QUETTA: At least one person was killed and four others injured on Wednesday in a firing incident in Liaquat Bazaar area of Quetta, the capital of Balochistan. Police said the incident forced shopkeepers to shut down their shutters, resulting in Liaquat Bazaar, Sattar Road and other commercial parts of Quetta to be closed. "Miscreants opened firing in different parts of the city and caused panic,"
Iftikhar Chaudhry bids farewell, expresses confidence in Jillani
ISLAMABAD: Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry marked the end of his term on Wednesday with a speech at the Supreme Court and expressed his confidence in the leadership of CJ-designate Tassaduq Hussain Jillani, the next most senior judge in Pakistan. He said Justice Jillani and future chief justices will continue to support and enhance the work and functionality of the Human Rights Cell also. “The
COAS Raheel Sharif arrives in Quetta on two-day official visit
QUETTA: Army Chief General Raheel Sharif has arrived in Quetta on a two day official visit. On arrival he was welcomed by Corps Commander Lt. General Nasir Khan Janjua. According to Inter-Services Public Relations‚ the Army Chief visited the headquarters of Southern Command where he was given a comprehensive briefing on the prevailing security situation in Balochistan. General Raheel Sharif
CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi’s lawyer flees after threats
PESHAWAR: The lawyer for the CIA agent Dr Shakil Afridi, who helped the United States track down Osama bin Laden, has fled Pakistan after receiving threats from militants, relatives said on Wednesday. Lawyer Samiullah Afridi went abroad after militants threatened to blow up his car and kill his family, a relative said. “We cannot disclose the country he left for due to security threats to his
Legal team formed in Musharraf treason case
ISLAMABAD: A ten-member legal team for the complainant was formed in treason case against former president Parvez Musharraf on Wednesday. According to reports, Dr Tariq Hussain will head the legal team while Nasiruddin Khan will head prosecution team of legal experts. Both teams will be supervised by Advocate Akram Shaikh. Interior minister issued the notification of 11 lawyers’ legal
- Iftikhar Chaudhry bids farewell, expresses.
- PTI condemns forcible breaking down of Anarkali.
- Legal team formed in Musharraf treason case.
- Pakistan, India need to jointly address.
- MoU signed between Pakistani and Sudanese.
- Discrimination in coverqage of SC full-court.
- Judiciary to continue its work for human rights,.
- Khurshid Shah elected unopposed as PAC Chairman.
- PTA to launch biometric system for issuance of.
BEIJING: At least 15 people were killed as a blaze engulfed a food market in China in the early hours of Wednesday, local authorities said. The inferno took hold of the Rongjian Agricultural...
- Kerry slams Ukraine crackdown.
- US hopes India will persuade Karzai to ink.
- 1971 war crimes: Bangladesh set to hang JI leader.
- Memorial service of former SA president Nelson.
- Pak-India nuclear war could kill 2 billion.
- Car bomb blast kills eight in Iraq.
- Mandela to get global farewell by world leaders.
- Syria opposition leader says to visit Russia.
- Thai PM dissolves Parliament, calls elections.
KABUL: A suicide bomber attacked a convoy of foreign troops near the international airport in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Wednesday, a military official said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties. Confirmation of the attack from the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force...
- Afghan police rescue woman from Taliban stoning.
- Hagel to visit Pakistan on Monday: US officials.
- US’s Hagel in Kabul, won't meet Karzai.
- Afghan minister tells Hagel security pact will be.
- Pentagon chief Hagel visits Kabul with troop accord in.
- Afghan president suggests delay in April polls.
- 4 cops killed in Afghanistan suicide blast.
- Karzai accuses US of cutting Afghan military supplies.
- Karzai nudges US closer to wholesale withdrawal.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan agree to resolve issues, enhance.
PESHAWAR: Director Health Services FATA Dr. Pervaiz Kamal has said that local elders and influencers are being involved in polio eradication initiative (PEI) in the tribal areas in order to overcome...
PESHAWAR: Darul Uloom Haqqania on Monday issued a Fatwa in favour of polio vaccines. According to the Fatwa issued, the vaccinations to prevent polio, measles and hepatitis are helpful. The Fatwa...
PESHAWAR: The Anti Narcotics Force on Monday conducted operations in various areas and recovered 209 kilograms of hashish. According to details, ANF Peshawar on information recovered 201 Kgs Charas...
DUBAI: Pakistan has won the toss in first T-20 match against Sri Lanka and decided to bowl first....
- De Kock leads South Africa to series win over India.
- M.Asif advances to next round of snooker championship.
- Taylor´s double ton helps NZ to mammoth total.
- Ireland win World Twenty20 qualifying tournament.
- Del Potro beats Isner to win Washington title.
- Sri Lanka crush South Africa in first one-day .
- Pakistan cricket team players return home.
- Guptill makes England suffer again.
- Key figure in Pakistan fixing scandal dies.
- Pak starts batting against SA in 5th ODI.
ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has said the economy is moving on the right track with 5% GDP growth rate for the first quarter of the current financial year as against 2.9% last year. Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Wednesday evening‚ he said industrial sector grew by...
- Dollar mixed in Asia after US budget deal.
- Oil prices edge lower.
- Pakistani stocks shed 120 points.
- Pakistan‚ Iran decide to expedite work on IP-gas.
- Weekly inflation goes down by 1.3 percent.
- Ishaq Dar releases details of IMF program.
- Oil prices climb in Asian trade.
- Asian markets mostly up after US jobs data.
- Pakistani rupee gains against US dollar.
- Pakistan’s forex reserves fall to $8.238 bn.
ISLAMABAD: History of modern short story writing cannot be completed without mentioning Aslam Siraj Uddin. This is said by Mehmood Ahmed Qazi while presiding over the “Condolence...
- Actress Eleanor Parker dies at 91.
- Sindhi culture day being celebrated across.
- Dubai festival opens with award-winning.
- Five day Intl Book Fair begins in Karachi.
- Hollywood star Paul Walker dies in car crash.
- Pakistani film "Saya-e-Khuda-e-Zuljalal" to.
- Waheed Murad’s 30th death anniversary.
- Faiz Ahmed Faiz being remembered today.
- Super star Veena Malik to tie the knot.
- 'Thor' hammers out another box office.