ISLAMABAD: British High Commissioner Philip Barton called on Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif in Islamabad on Wednesday. They reviewed progress of Pak-British Defense Forum. Matters relating to defence cooperation between the two countries were discussed. The British High Commissioner...🕔 8:59 PM - July 1, 2015
- UK high commissioner calls on Khwaja AsifISLAMABAD: British High Commissioner Philip Barton called on Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif in
- PPP leaders including ex-minister join PTIISLAMABAD: Three senor leaders of the PPP from Punjab Wednesday joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI)
- Three shot dead in QuettaQUETTA: Two assailants were shot dead on a motorcycle Wednesday shot dead three welders at a shop here
- Safoora Goth massacre accused inspired by IS: Sindh police KARACHI: Top counter terrorism department of Sindh Police has said that the militants involved in the
- Liberia announces two more confirmed Ebola casesMonrovia: Liberia said Wednesday a teenager who died of Ebola fever had spread the virus to at least
- Bukhari quits PPP over “unnecessary PML-N backing”ISLAMABAD: Former state minister and senior PPP leader Syed Sumsam Ali Bukhari today resigned from the
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisonersISLAMABAD: Pakistan and India on Wednesday exchanged lists of prisoners in each other's custody in terms
- PCB demands extension after Hafeez denied Indian visa for testing in ChennaiKARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have requested the International Cricket Council (ICC) to extend
- Big breakthrough expected over Pak-Russia economic relationsISLAMABAD: A big breakthrough is expected over economic relations between Pakistan and Russia who has
- Three people shot dead in QuettaQUETTA: Three people have been shot dead in Quetta here on Wednesday. The gun attack took place on Sarki
- Pakistan re-elect football chief despite court orderKARACHI: Pakistan's football federation Wednesday announced the re-election of its president Faisal Saleh
- PM saddened over deaths in Karachi: CM SindhKARACHI: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has commended the performance of Sindh Government during heat crisis,
- PTI MNAs paid salaries despite eight month absenceISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) MNAs who did not attend the assembly session for eight months
- PTI provides no evidence of rigging to inquiry commission: Danial AzizISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) leader Danial Aziz said that no evidences were provided
- Systematic rigging carried out with ROs help in general elections: Imran KhanISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan on Wednesday alleged that engineered rigging
UK high commissioner calls on Khwaja Asif
ISLAMABAD: British High Commissioner Philip Barton called on Defense Minister Khawaja Muhammad Asif in Islamabad on Wednesday. They reviewed progress of Pak-British Defense Forum. Matters relating to defence cooperation between the two countries were discussed. The British High Commissioner lauded achievements of Pakistan Army in the ongoing Operation Zarb-e-Azb. He said law and order situation in
🕔 8:59 PM - July 1, 2015
PPP leaders including ex-minister join PTI
ISLAMABAD: Three senor leaders of the PPP from Punjab Wednesday joined Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) after a meeting Imran Khan at Bina Gala here. Those who joined the PTI include former state minister Sumsam Bukhari, former Punjab minister Ashraf Sohna and former lawmaker Arif Lashari. Sumsam Bukhari was the vice president of PPP’s Punjab chapter. Ashraf Sohna was a former provincial minister
🕔 8:49 PM - July 1, 2015
Three shot dead in Quetta
QUETTA: Two assailants were shot dead on a motorcycle Wednesday shot dead three welders at a shop here on Wednesday. Two assailants on a motorcycle shot dead three welders at a shop and fled, senior police official Abdul Razzaq Cheema told a foreign news agency. He said it appeared to be an “ethnic” killing as the victims were from Punjab. Aitzaz Goraya, another senior police official
🕔 8:40 PM - July 1, 2015
Safoora Goth massacre accused inspired by IS: Sindh police
KARACHI: Top counter terrorism department of Sindh Police has said that the militants involved in the deadly Safoora Goth massacre and murder of prominent social activist Sabeen Mahmud were inspired by the self-styled Islamic State. Addressing a press conference here on Wednesday, Raja Umer Khattab said the accused militants established their own group in 2014 but they did not name it. “This
🕔 8:34 PM - July 1, 2015
Three people shot dead in Quetta
QUETTA: Three people have been shot dead in Quetta here on Wednesday. The gun attack took place on Sarki Road in Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan. According to sources, unknown gunmen opened fire on a shop, killing three people instantly. The assailants sped away after the attack. Rescue teams reached the scene and shifted the dead to hospital. Although the identity of three victims
🕔 6:46 PM - July 1, 2015
PTI MNAs paid salaries despite eight month absence
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) MNAs who did not attend the assembly session for eight months were paid ten months salary. Salaries were paid to those 24 PTI MNAs including Imran Khan who had submitted their resignations in August 2014 during the sit-in. Each MNA was paid approximately Rs800,000. The PTI MNAs were paid approximately Rs20 million and their salaries were paid as their resignations
🕔 5:54 PM - July 1, 2015
- PPP leaders including ex-minister join PTI.
- Bukhari quits PPP over “unnecessary PML-N.
- Pakistan, India exchange lists of prisoners.
- Big breakthrough expected over Pak-Russia.
- PTI MNAs paid salaries despite eight month.
- PTI provides no evidence of rigging to inquiry.
- Systematic rigging carried out with ROs help in.
- JIT starts investigation into Imran Farooq murder.
- IHC dismisses petitions filed to halt LB.
Monrovia: Liberia said Wednesday a teenager who died of Ebola fever had spread the virus to at least two more people, confirming the first outbreak of the tropical disease for months. "Two more...🕔 7:59 PM - July 1, 2015
- Indonesia military plane crash toll rises to 142.
- Countries must deal with health risks of frequent.
- Militants attack Egyptian army checkpoints in.
- Indonesia military plane crash toll rises to 142.
- Tariq Mir reported confessional statement not.
- Muzaffarnagar: Hindu militants make Muslim.
- At least 116 feared dead in Indonesia military.
- 20 dead after Indonesian military plane crashes.
- UAE woman sentenced to death for killing US.
KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) have requested the International Cricket Council (ICC) to extend the deadline of July 4 for off-spinner Muhammad Hafeez’s bowling action Test as he has not been granted visa by the Indian authorities to travel to the ICC-accredited testing...🕔 6:59 PM - July 1, 2015
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
PESHAWAR: The provincial government has planned to construct three small dams in Karak and Nowshera districts in order to generate inexpensive electricity to consumers besides provide irrigation...🕔 6:59 PM - July 1, 2015
PESHAWAR: A police head constable was shot dead by unidentified assailants on Monday in the jurisdiction of Yakatoot police station in Peshawar, officials said. “Head constable Mirza was fired...🕔 6:59 PM - July 1, 2015
PESHAWAR: Peshawar police on Monday have nabbed father and son involved in the murder case of as many as four sisters. Earlier, official of special force Fazal Hussain alias Patty along with his...🕔 6:59 PM - July 1, 2015
KABUL: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Tuesday nominated a female judge to sit on the Afghanistan Supreme Court in an unprecedented move that has angered some Islamic conservatives. Anisa Rasouli, the head of the Afghan Women Judges Association and a former juvenile court judge, was the only...🕔 2:11 PM - June 30, 2015
- Suicide truck bomb kills two, wounds 40 in.
- Taliban ambush kills 11 Afghan soldiers: officials.
- Afghan parliament attack ends, all seven militants.
- Six attackers killed, 19 civilian injured in Taliban.
- Alarm as Taliban advance on key northern Afghan city.
- Afghan insurgents take control of district in Kunduz.
- Afghan family lives in fear, after daughter's mob.
- 11 cops, armymen dead in Helmand Taliban attack:.
- Afghanistan: Militant attack left two killed in.
- Taliban warn IS leader not to interfere in Afghanistan.
BEIJING: Pakistan signed the Articles of Association of 57-member Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) in Beijing on Monday. Finance Minister Muhammad Ishaq Dar singed the document. On this occasion, Ishaq Dar said Pakistan believes that the Bank will be an important platform to...🕔 8:55 PM - June 29, 2015
- 57 countries hold signing ceremony to set up China-led.
- IMF approves $504 million loan for Pakistan.
- Nepra reduces wind power tariff by Rs2.05 per unit.
- Electricity shortfall reaches 5500 MW in Pakistan.
- Switzerland may tighten anti-money laundering rules.
- No power outage during Sehr, Iftar, Taraaweeh timings:.
- CPEC to create new business opportunities: Chinese.
- PM hints at waiving off duties on import of new.
- Economic development: Good news for Pakistan and Iran.
- Oil down after OPEC meeting, eyes on Iran talks.
Last week, Shahrukh Khan celebrated his 23 years in Bollywood and finally released his video of gratitude to his fans as promised on Twitter. The near-two-minute video features Khan dressed casually...🕔 12:31 PM - July 1, 2015
- Kareena Kapoor Wishes to Visit Pakistan.
- Hearing of Ayyan Ali's bail plea to be.
- Shanghai film festival opens, taking aim at.
- Civil court issues arrest warrants for Meera.
- Court denies Ayyan Ali's bail request .
- Customs court reserves judgement on.
- Hamza Ali Abbasi lashes out at brands.
- Ayyan Ali's judicial remand extended until.
- Shaan Shahid decides to team up with Syed.
- Speakers pay tributes to Zaitoon Bano for.