ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Awami Tehreek chief Dr. Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday called upon people worldwide to receive and refer the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with ‘Go Nawaz Go’ slogan to show their disapproval against him. He again slammed Mr. Sharif, saying the PM was proceeding to attend...🕔 9:21 PM - September 23, 2014
- Asian relief as China's factories top low expectationsSYDNEY: Asian shares recouped early losses on Tuesday while commodities won a break from recent selling
- Three bowlers reported for suspected illegal actionKARACHI: Three bowlers have been reported for suspected illegal action in ongoing national T20 tournament
- Qadri asks people to receive PM with ‘Go Nawaz Go’ sloganISLAMABAD: Pakistan Awami Tehreek chief Dr. Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday called upon people worldwide to
- CM Shahbaz visits flood hit areas in JhangJHANG: Punjab government will start payment of monetary compensation to flood affected people shortly. This
- ECP meeting on Friday to discuss post-election reportISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) here on Tuesday summoned an important meeting for
- Pakistan wins first Asian medal in martial artsINCHEON: Maratab Ali finally put Pakistan on the medals table, securing bronze in the 70-kg Wushu event
- Imran confident of historic show in LahoreISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan Tuesday urged his workers to set aside
- Siraj urges NA speaker to delay acceptance of PTI MNA’s resignations till EidDERA ISMAIL KHAN: Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) chief Sirajul Haq here on Tuesday said that he has urged Speaker
- Ahmadi man killed in MirpurkhasMIRPURKHAS: Gunmen in Mirpurkhas's Mali Colony area shot dead a doctor from the Ahmadi community, police
- Three more dead bodies found in Mohmand AgencyGHALANAI: Three more dead bodies found in Tehsil Pandyali of Mohmand Agency here on Tuesday. According
- PTI seeks permission for rally in Lahore on Sept 28LAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf on Tuesday submitted an application to the district coordination officer
- FIA arrests ex-EOBI chairman Zafar GondalISLAMABAD: The Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has arrested former chairman of Employees Old-Age Benefit
- Conspiracy behind PTI, PAT sit-ins exposed: HamzaLAHORE: PML-N MNA Hamza Shahbaz has said that nation has exposed the conspiracy behind Islamabad’s
- ECP fail to hold free, fair elections in 2013: QureshiISLAMABAD: Vice president Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Shah Mehmood Qureshi here on Tuesday said that
- JCSC meeting reviews operational preparednessRAWALPINDI: The Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (JCSC) quarterly meeting of senior military leadership
Qadri asks people to receive PM with ‘Go Nawaz Go’ slogan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Awami Tehreek chief Dr. Tahirul Qadri on Tuesday called upon people worldwide to receive and refer the Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif with ‘Go Nawaz Go’ slogan to show their disapproval against him. He again slammed Mr. Sharif, saying the PM was proceeding to attend the United Nations General Assembly session after trampling upon rights of his own people back home. Addressing
🕔 9:21 PM - September 23, 2014
ECP meeting on Friday to discuss post-election report
ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) here on Tuesday summoned an important meeting for Friday to deliberate on post-election review report. The commission will also review the reports submitted by election’s monitors. According to ECP, officials of National Database Regulatory Authority (NADRA) and PCSIR will also attend the meeting. Sources say that a factual sheet will be
🕔 8:17 PM - September 23, 2014
Three more dead bodies found in Mohmand Agency
GHALANAI: Three more dead bodies found in Tehsil Pandyali of Mohmand Agency here on Tuesday. According to sources, the dead bodies were found near the Sharmakhano check post in Pandyali tehsil area of the agency. The Yakka Ghund administration has taken the dead bodies in its custody and shifted them to the Ghalanai headquarter hospital for medico legal formalities. It is pertinent to be mentioned
🕔 6:26 PM - September 23, 2014
ECP fail to hold free, fair elections in 2013: Qureshi
ISLAMABAD: Vice president Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Shah Mehmood Qureshi here on Tuesday said that the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) was failed to hold the general elections 2013 free and fair as the commission in its report acknowledged irregularities in the election process. Addressing a news conference, Qureshi said ECP has finally admitted it failure to conduct transparent elections.
🕔 5:44 PM - September 23, 2014
Post-polls report not about rigging, but summary of proposals: ECP
ISLAMABAD: Responding to the distorted comments and reports emanating from various quarters since yesterday pertaining to the Post Election Review Report 2013, the Election Commission feels compelled to suggest to all such quarters that it is high time they should switch their focus from witch-hunting mode to truthful analysis based on intellectual honesty and concrete electoral reforms based
🕔 4:30 PM - September 23, 2014
Zarb-e-Azb: 19 more terrorists killed in fresh air-strikes
MIRANSHAH: Operation Zarb-e-Azb is progressing successfully against terrorists in North Waziristan Agency (NWA) as at least 19 more terrorists were killed here on Tuesday in latest aerial strikes on terrorist hideouts in Dandi Kachkol near the areas of Ghulam Khan, Gurbaz and Mana near Pasht Ziarat. According to a statement issued by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) military jets targeted
🕔 4:25 PM - September 23, 2014
- ECP meeting on Friday to discuss post-election.
- Imran confident of historic show in Lahore.
- FIA arrests ex-EOBI chairman Zafar Gondal.
- ECP fail to hold free, fair elections in 2013:.
- JCSC meeting reviews operational preparedness.
- Post-polls report not about rigging, but summary.
- PM Nawaz leaves for New York.
- Ayaz Sadiq summons Imran Khan to verify his.
- ECP decides to amend electoral laws.
BEIRUT: The US-led air strikes killed 30 Al-Qaeda militants and eight civilians, including children, in northern Syria on Tuesday. According to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, most of...🕔 4:58 PM - September 23, 2014
- Pakistan earnestly working to implement.
- US, allies hit ISIL targets in Syria.
- Altaf demands technocrat govt for two years.
- Governor Punjab rejects Javed Hashmi's.
- UN chief lauds Pakistan flood relief efforts.
- Turkey secures release of 49 hostages seized by.
- US okays sale of IED-resistant vehicles to.
- Iran moving to comply with N-deal: IAEA.
- More than 50 villages inundated in Pano Akil.
KARACHI: Three bowlers have been reported for suspected illegal action in ongoing national T20 tournament being played in Karachi, Pakistan Cricket Boart (PCB) said. According to the PCB, Junaid Zia of Lahore Lions, Nayyer Abbas of Sialkot Stallions and Nadeem Javed of Dera Murad Jamali Ibexes are...🕔 9:26 PM - September 23, 2014
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scare.
PESHAWAR: The Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Pervez Khattak on Tuesday promised compensation of Rs 5 lakh from the Shuhada Package for the families of those killed in today suicide attack...🕔 9:26 PM - September 23, 2014
PESHAWAR: Jammat-e-Islami Chief Sirajul Haq on Tuesday made a telephonic contact with speaker National Assembly Ayaz Sadiq and requested him not to accept resignation of Pakistan...🕔 9:26 PM - September 23, 2014
PESHAWAR: At least three people including a woman were killed and 13 others wounded in a suicide attack targeting security forces in a sensitive area of Peshawar on early Tuesday. According to...🕔 9:26 PM - September 23, 2014
KABUL: Outgoing Afghan President Hamid Karzai on Tuesday blamed the United States for his country's long war, a final swipe at the country that helped bring him to power 13 years ago but towards which he has become increasingly bitter. His farewell speech came days ahead of the planned swearing in...🕔 4:16 PM - September 23, 2014
- Ghani hails Afghan election deal, vows to bring peace.
- Taliban reject Afghan unity government pact as US.
- Afghan presidential rivals sign unity deal.
- Ashraf Ghani, Abdullah Abdullah sign unity govt deal.
- Blast kills at least one in Afghan capital.
- Outgoing Afghan president Karzai downsizes retirement.
- US airstrike in eastern Afghanistan kills 11 civilians.
- Taliban attack Afghan government HQ in east, kill 12.
- Hizb-e-Islami Afghanistan denies joining Islamic State.
- Abdullah takes Afghan election to brink of collapse.
SYDNEY: Asian shares recouped early losses on Tuesday while commodities won a break from recent selling pressure after a reading on China's massive factory sector outpaced the market's bleak expectations. The HSBC flash reading on manufacturing (PMI) for September rose to 50.5, from 50.2 in August...🕔 9:31 PM - September 23, 2014
- Pakistan, Australia agree to boost bilateral trade.
- Kashmir's famed carpets ruined in $5 bn flood losses.
- SBP leaves monetary policy rate unchanged at 10pc.
- Ishaq Dar reviews progress of Pakistan Steel Mills.
- Pakistani traders report theft at Indian trade fair .
- Govt eyeing over 6 pc growth rate by 2017-18: Ahsan.
- Political crisis likely to hit Pakistan economy: ADB.
- Friendly countries offer assistance for flood victims:.
- Oil prices down in Asian trade.
- ‘Go Nawaz Go’ currency notes not acceptable: SBP.
WASHINGTON: Pakistani model and actress Veena Malik, who is currently in US, was blessed with a baby boy on Tuesday. The good news was shared by her husband Asad Bashir Khan on the micro-blogging...🕔 1:40 PM - September 23, 2014
- Sonam Kapoor to skip 'Khoobsurat' promotion.
- Half South Asia's girls marry before 18:.
- Bhuttos museum planned at Makli Gymkhana.
- 'Raw' the new beauty in Hollywood.
- Actor Maqsood Hassan passes away at 67.
- Remembering Ahmed Faraz, on his sixth death.
- Meera offers her services to end PTI, PAT.
- Remembering Nazia Hassan on her 14th death.
- New drama ‘Mein Adakara Banungi’ begins.
- Film 'Jinnah' screened to mark Independence.