ISLAMABAD: The Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority Dr Ismail Shah has said that 10 million unverified SIMs have been blocked. Dr Ismail said in the second phase, there are around 30.5 million SIMs which were to be verified. He said SMS would be sent to the consumers guiding them to...🕔 10:09 AM - February 27, 2015
- Several injured as strong quake jolts KPK, Islamabad, AJKPESHAWAR: More than twenty mud houses collapsed and at least 15 people sustained injuries as a 5.8 magnitude
- Under construction college detonated with bomb in HanguHANGU: In an another set back to education in federally administered tribal areas (FATA), unknown miscreants
- Employees protest proposed privatization of Wapda in PeshawarPESHAWAR: Score of enraged employees staged a protest demonstration and sit-in against the proposed privatization
- PTA blocks 10 million unverified SIMs in first phaseISLAMABAD: The Chairman Pakistan Telecommunication Authority Dr Ismail Shah has said that 10 million
- OGRA proposes Rs 5.59 increase in petrol price from 1st March ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA) has forwarded a summary to the Finance Ministry
- PM Nawaz summons parliamentary leaders’ meeting todayISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has convened a meeting of the parliamentary leaders in Islamabad
- South Africa batting first against WI in world cupMelbourne: South Africa have won the toss and decided to bat first on a sunny afternoon at the SCG. A
- Dr Maleeha takes charge as envoy to UNNEW YORK: Dr Maleeha Lodhi, assuming the charge as Pakistan’s first woman ambassador and Permanent
- Strong quake jolts Islamabad, KP, AJKISLAMABAD: Major earthquake earthquake of 5.8 magnitude was felt in Islamabad and parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Major terror bid foiled as cache of explosives recovered in KarachiKARACHI: A massive terror plan to inflict huge devastation on the metropolis has been scotched when the
- Gilgit prison break: Two inmates flee, one killedGILGIT: At least four inmates of Gilgit’s District Jail overnight tried to escape free by breaking
- PCB says no action against Moin as he returnsLAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided not to take any further action against Chief Selector
- Baldia Town factory fire: New JIT starts investigationKARACHI: The first meeting of newly formed joint investigation team on Baldia Town factory fire was held
- Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan agree to boost cooperation in diverse fieldsISLAMABAD: Pakistan and Kyrgyzstan have agreed to bilateral cooperation in economic, energy sectors. This
- PTI assures govt of support to curb horse-trading in Senate pollsISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Thursday announced complete support to government’s efforts
Several injured as strong quake jolts KPK, Islamabad, AJK
PESHAWAR: More than twenty mud houses collapsed and at least 15 people sustained injuries as a 5.8 magnitude earthquake and two aftershocks hit parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Azad Jammu Kashmir and Islamabad on Friday morning. According to Pakistan Metrological Department, the tremors were felt at 2.59 am which were lasted for 57 seconds. The epicenter of the quake was Alai, 51 kilometers of Mansehra
🕔 10:44 AM - February 27, 2015
Under construction college detonated with bomb in Hangu
HANGU: In an another set back to education in federally administered tribal areas (FATA), unknown miscreants here on Friday detonated an under constriction college with a bomb in Hangu area of Orakzai Agency. According to reports, four class rooms of the college were totally damaged in the explosion however luckily no loss of human life was reported. Security forces are searching for the responsible
🕔 10:32 AM - February 27, 2015
Employees protest proposed privatization of Wapda in Peshawar
PESHAWAR: Score of enraged employees staged a protest demonstration and sit-in against the proposed privatization of Water and Power Development Authority (Wapda) in Peshawar here on Friday. In the provincial capital, the employees gathered outside Wapda house. They also stage sit-in in favour of their demands outside Wapda house and chanted slogans against the federal government. Central chairman
🕔 10:21 AM - February 27, 2015
PM Nawaz summons parliamentary leaders’ meeting today
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has convened a meeting of the parliamentary leaders in Islamabad today for exchange of views on making the Senate elections transparent. This was stated by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, while talking to newsmen along with PTI leader Jehangir Tareen in Islamabad last evening. He said PML-N and PTI are on the same page in curbing the menace of horse-trading in upcoming
🕔 8:47 AM - February 27, 2015
Strong quake jolts Islamabad, KP, AJK
ISLAMABAD: Major earthquake earthquake of 5.8 magnitude was felt in Islamabad and parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa including Swat, Mansehra, Buttagram, Malakand and Muzaffarabad in Friday's wee hours. There is no immediate report regarding casualties and damages. The tremors uncommonly continued for ten to 15 seconds that awoke sleeping people. The jolts were felt in the federal capital too. The Northern
🕔 7:16 AM - February 27, 2015
Gilgit prison break: Two inmates flee, one killed
GILGIT: At least four inmates of Gilgit’s District Jail overnight tried to escape free by breaking the main gate of the premises. Two of them managed to flee; one was killed and the other was arrested in wounded state. Taking notice of the jailbreak, the police high-ups suspended four jail officials including jail superintendent. The security forces opened fire at the absconding prisoners,
🕔 7:05 AM - February 27, 2015
- OGRA proposes Rs 5.59 increase in petrol price.
- PM Nawaz summons parliamentary leaders’ meeting.
- Strong quake jolts Islamabad, KP, AJK.
- Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan agree to boost cooperation.
- PTI assures govt of support to curb.
- Horse-trading: PM convenes all parties meeting .
- Nadra issues 70161 CNICs to foreigners: Chairman.
- Russian journalist died of shortage of oxygen.
- Pak-Kyrgyzstan's joint efforts vital for.
NEW YORK: Dr Maleeha Lodhi, assuming the charge as Pakistan’s first woman ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations on Thursday, vowed to “protect and defend”...🕔 8:02 AM - February 27, 2015
- Pakistani beheaded in Saudi Arabia.
- Govt formulated coherent security policy: Nisar.
- US Congress pushes for Shakil Afidi’s release.
- Dubai court likely to hand Uzair Baloch to.
- UAE court allows extradition of Uzair Baloch to.
- Bangladesh court issues arrest warrants for.
- Imran Khan urges foreign entrepreneurs to invest.
- Britain becomes first nation to legalize.
- US cooperating with Pakistan to end terrorism:.
LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has decided not to take any further action against Chief Selector Moin Khan, who was caught in a controversy when he was spotted at a casino in Australia days before the Pakistan team suffered a humiliating defeat against West Indies. Accoding to reports, the...🕔 8:15 PM - February 26, 2015
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
- Srinivasan spot-fixing allegations: IPL probe team.
- Shafiq ton guides Pakistan 'A' to 305 against.
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
PESHAWAR: Score of enraged employees staged a protest demonstration and sit-in against the proposed privatization of Water and Power Development Authority (Wapda) in Peshawar here on Friday. In the...🕔 8:15 PM - February 26, 2015
PESHAWAR: Peshawar police Thursday arrested two persons and recovered huge quantity of weapons from a vehicle here. According to reports, police stopped a vehicle at check post in Matani area. The...🕔 8:15 PM - February 26, 2015
PESHAWAR: Assistant deputy director of Nadra, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Palwasha Afridi Thursday rejected reports about her involvement in issuing CNICs to famed Afghan woman Sharbat Gula and her two sons...🕔 8:15 PM - February 26, 2015
KABUL: Death toll has reached to 200 due to avalanche in Afghanistan, while many people are still missing. Officials feared the death toll is rising. Life has been paralyzed in different parts of Afghanistan due to heavy snowfall, while 200 people died due to avalanche in Panj Sheer, the eastern...🕔 6:13 PM - February 26, 2015
- Afghan capital rocked by blast near Iran embassy.
- More than 100 dead in Afghanistan avalanches.
- Afghan national security advisor meets Qatar PM .
- 30 Hazaras abducted in Afghanistan: officials.
- Peace talks with Taliban soon: Abdullah.
- ‘Taliban leadership gives nod to peace talks with.
- US signals likely delay in troop exit from Afghanistan.
- US new defence secretary arrives in Kabul.
- Afghans arrested Chinese Uighurs to aid Taliban talks.
- Ghani appreciates Pakistan’s efforts for peace in.
ISLAMABAD: Loadshedding across the country is unlikely to end by year 2020, the State of Industry report released by the National Electric Power Regulatory Authority (Nepra) revealed on Monday. According to the report, the country will face a shortfall of 1200 megawatts in 2020, an estimate that...🕔 2:11 PM - February 23, 2015
- Economy to grow around 5% in current fiscal year: Dar.
- Dar reviews country’s overall economic situation.
- Qatargas, Pakistan close to 15-year LNG supply deal.
- Asia stocks boosted by Greek debt deal hopes.
- Power tariff likely to be reduced by Rs3.20 per unit.
- Dar chairs NEC meeting on anti-money laundering.
- FBR raises regulatory duty on various daily-use items.
- Govt controlled inflation through firm measures: Dar.
- Economic boost govt’s top priority: Ishaq Dar.
- ECC approves new Textile Policy.
DUBAI: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan and his wife Reham Khan met Veena Malik and her husband Asad Khattak at a dinner held here on Tuesday night. Imran Khan is in Dubai to...🕔 2:12 PM - February 25, 2015
- Birdman bags three Oscars as Neil Patrick.
- Fun facts about 2015 Oscars.
- Indian actor Irrfan Khan cast alongside Tom.
- Shane Warne reportedly considering a.
- Deepika Padukone to make singing debut in.
- India comedy pulled from YouTube amid free.
- Meera says his poetry book will be published.
- Reham Khan set to turn producer.
- The Jalaibee trailer is as sweet as it is.
- The Jalaibee trailer is as sweet as it is.