ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has formed a Cabinet Committee headed by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar to examine the issue of electricity overbilling and propose relief measures for domestic consumers. The committee was constituted during meeting of the Federal Cabinet on Friday. It will...🕔 7:11 PM - October 31, 2014
- 3 more polio cases surface in BalochistanQUETTA: At least three more polio cases emerged in Balochistan on Friday raising the toll of this year
- Altaf Hussain warns Pakistanis of IS threatKARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief, Altaf Hussain said on Friday that the Islamic State (IS)
- Israel reopens Al-Aqsa mosque ahead of prayersJERUSALEM: Israel reopened Jerusalem´s flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque compound Friday ahead of the weekly
- Flour price hike: Sindh Govt announces crack downKARACHI: Sindh government has announced to start crackdown against those who are selling flour on increased
- KP govt to build zoo, research facility in Peshawar: CM KhattakPESHAWAR: KhyberPakhtunkhawa (KPK) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak Friday announced a mega project for
- PM forms committee to examine issue of electricity over-billingISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has formed a Cabinet Committee headed by Finance Minister Ishaq
- MQM delegation meets President MamnoonKARACHI: A delegation of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) headed by Dr. Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui called
- Suspects involved in 2007 Karsaz attack arrested: CID PoliceKARACHI: Crime Investigation Department (CID) of the Karachi Police on Friday said that two suspects
- PCB names women's tournament after MalalaKARACHI: Pakistan's cricket authorities have named their under-21 women's tournament after Nobel peace
- Pak-army releases 29 Afghan prisoners: ISPRPESHAWAR: Pakistan army here on Friday handed over 29 Afghan nationals to Afghan authorities on Ghulam
- Pakistan declare first innings at 570-6 against AustraliaABU DHABI: Pakistan announced to declare their first innings after making a huge total of 670 runs for
- PAL organizes Mehfil-e-MusalmaISLAMABAD: To mark the literary wisdom inspired by the philosophy of sacrifice touching upon the sanctity
- Three TTP terrorists killed in Karachi police encounterKARACHI: Police here on Friday claimed to have killed three alleged terrorists of an outlawed outfit
- Younis, Misbah flay Australia; Pakistan cross 500 markABU DHABI: Younis Khan continued to dominate sloppy Australia and reached a double ton along with crossing
- PM Nawaz announces reduction in petrol price by Rs9.43 per litreISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Friday announced that petrol price has been reduced by
3 more polio cases surface in Balochistan
QUETTA: At least three more polio cases emerged in Balochistan on Friday raising the toll of this year to 235. According to the details, the National Health Institute confirmed the polio virus in at least three children in Qila Abdullah. The sources said that paramedical staff in the Balochistan province faces political interference causing difficulties in fight against the polio epidemic. The total
🕔 8:30 PM - October 31, 2014
Altaf Hussain warns Pakistanis of IS threat
KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief, Altaf Hussain said on Friday that the Islamic State (IS) or ‘Daish’ as it is referred to in Urdu is the new threat to Pakistan. Addressing a press conference in Karachi via telephone from London, the MQM Chief said, that Taliban militants are joining ‘Daish’ (IS) ranks. He added that their flags are visible from the south of Punjab
🕔 8:21 PM - October 31, 2014
KP govt to build zoo, research facility in Peshawar: CM Khattak
PESHAWAR: KhyberPakhtunkhawa (KPK) Chief Minister Pervez Khattak Friday announced a mega project for establishing a Zoo here besides approving the place and asked for immediate release of Rs 50 million in this regard. The Zoo will be established at 29 acres vast land of Range Management Peshawar Garden of Pakistan Forest Institute (PFI) adjacent to Peshawar University. It is worth mentioning
🕔 7:33 PM - October 31, 2014
Suspects involved in 2007 Karsaz attack arrested: CID Police
KARACHI: Crime Investigation Department (CID) of the Karachi Police on Friday said that two suspects involved in a 2007 deadly attack on former prime minister Benazir Bhutto’s caravan have been arrested. SP Usman Bajwa told media on Friday that the detained suspects have identified the attackers who had targeted the homecoming procession of PPP chairperson on October 18, 2007, killing over 170
🕔 6:16 PM - October 31, 2014
Pak-army releases 29 Afghan prisoners: ISPR
PESHAWAR: Pakistan army here on Friday handed over 29 Afghan nationals to Afghan authorities on Ghulam Khan border who were arrested during the military offencive 'Zarb-e-Azb' in North Waziristan Agency (NWA). According to ISPR, the arrsested Afghan nationals were not involved in any act of terrorism. It said that the prosoners were released as a goodwell gesture. ISPR said that the prosoners
🕔 5:48 PM - October 31, 2014
Three TTP terrorists killed in Karachi police encounter
KARACHI: Police here on Friday claimed to have killed three alleged terrorists of an outlawed outfit Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in Sohrab Goath near Super High Way area of Karachi. According to police, Police raided a house of Taliban commander in Sohrab Goath and killed three terrorists. Police said that huge cache of arms and immunitions were also recovered from the custody of the terrorists. SSP
🕔 4:19 PM - October 31, 2014
- PM Nawaz announces reduction in petrol price by.
- Court reserves order on plea seeking joint trail.
- PM Nawaz rebuffs election fraud allegations .
- Polling for Supreme Court bar election underway .
- Turkmenistan issues notice to PIA.
- Opposition stages walk out from National Assembly.
- Sirajul Haq to meet Imran to address.
- PM chairs cabinet meeting to review ministers’.
- President for unified approach towards national.
JERUSALEM: Israel reopened Jerusalem´s flashpoint Al-Aqsa mosque compound Friday ahead of the weekly Muslim prayers, after a rare closure following clashes sparked by the killing of a...🕔 8:06 PM - October 31, 2014
- Afghan President Ghani invites Taliban to join.
- 21st Century maritime silk route expo from today .
- Bilawal spends a morning with Malala.
- Abbas hails ‘historic’ Swedish recognition of.
- Tunisia's main secular party wins most seats.
- Sweden to recognise state of Palestine.
- Malala donates $50,000 children's prize to Gaza.
- At least 100 buried alive in Sri Lanka mudslide.
- IS attack on Syria oil field kills 30.
KARACHI: Pakistan's cricket authorities have named their under-21 women's tournament after Nobel peace laureate Malala Yousafzai in an effort to encourage girls to take up the game. Malala, who campaigns for the right of all children to go to school, survived a Taliban assassination attempt in...🕔 5:52 PM - October 31, 2014
- Windies crush Bangladesh by 177 runs.
- England rout India to seal emphatic series win.
- Sri Lanka on top despite Amla ton.
- Jayawardene to retire from Test cricket.
- Demotion to B category: Younus Khan refuses to sign.
- NZealand's Vincent open up cricket match fixing.
- PHF decide to give central contracts.
- New Zealand to make match-fixing a crime.
- Afghanistan Olympic Committee elects president.
- Benazir Bhutto women cricket T20 trophy from April.
PESHAWAR: Pakistan army here on Friday handed over 29 Afghan nationals to Afghan authorities on Ghulam Khan border who were arrested during the military offencive 'Zarb-e-Azb' in North Waziristan...🕔 5:52 PM - October 31, 2014
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly was turned into a fish market on Thursday when opposition leader Lutfur Rehman passed derogatory remarks about female participants of PTI sit-in in...🕔 5:52 PM - October 31, 2014
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervez Khattak has asked Provincial Disaster Management Authority to make all arrangements for fresh TDPs of Khyber-1 operation. He said that the...🕔 5:52 PM - October 31, 2014
WASHINGTON: Poppy production in Afghanistan hit record levels last year even though the United States has poured some $7 billion into destroying the deadly crop which supplies some 80 percent of the world s opium. A new report released Tuesday by a US watchdog warned "the narcotics trade...🕔 9:32 AM - October 22, 2014
- Blast in Kabul kills four Afghan soldiers.
- Afghan president to share his vision with PM Nawaz.
- Son of Jalaluddin Haqqani captured in Afghanistan.
- Taliban attack kills six Afghan police.
- 22 police killed in Taliban attack in Afghanistan.
- One dead as suicide blast targets Nato convoy in Kabul.
- Five Afghan men hanged for gang-rape: officials.
- Taliban suicide attack kills five in Afghanistan.
- Nato soldiers in Afghanistan have made the world a.
- British PM Cameron arrives in Kabul on unannounced.
ISLAMABAD: The Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (Ogra) has recommended a reduction in prices of petroleum products by up to Rs14.93 per litre , which will be effective from November 1, 2014 if approved by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources. The Ogra has sent a summary to Ministry of...🕔 7:37 PM - October 29, 2014
- Govt not to leave no stone unturned for textile.
- China long trusted friend of Pakistan: Dar.
- NEPRA increases power tariff by 52 paisas per unit.
- China to support Pakistan attract investment for.
- Govt imposes 30 paisa per unit EQ surcharge on.
- IMF to release Pakistan transaction soon: Dar.
- Oil prices extend gains in Asia.
- Energy projects main feature of Pak-China Economic.
- Oil prices tumble in Asia.
- No CNG in Punjab for three months.
ISLAMABAD: To mark the literary wisdom inspired by the philosophy of sacrifice touching upon the sanctity of Muharram-ul-Harram, Pakistan Academy of Letters (PAL) organized a Mehfil-e-Musalma....🕔 4:28 PM - October 31, 2014
- Salma Hayek unveils documentary on Pakistani.
- Three Pakistani authors longlisted for South.
- ‘Bili’ makes Mehwish Hayat famous.
- Humayun Saeed injured in Bangkok car crash:.
- KP minister promises to boost cultural.
- Neil Patrick to host 87th Oscars Award.
- “I got status in industry with my own.
- Meera visits girls college in Multan,.
- 66th birth anniversary of Nusrat Fateh Ali.
- Lindsay Lohan seeks redemption on London.