ISLAMABAD: A decision has been taken to bring new policy for Afghan refugees while the federal government has barred provincial governments to harass and arrests of Afghan refugees till arrival of the new policy. Provinces have been directed not to take action against Afghan refugees. The Afghan...🕒 3:06 PM - June 29, 2016
- Pakistan extends Afghan refugees stay for 6 monthsISLAMABAD: A decision has been taken to bring new policy for Afghan refugees while the federal government
- Pakistan urges international community to repatriate Afghan refugeesWASHINGTON: Pakistan has urged United Nations collective action to meet humanitarian needs of millions
- Pakistan wants to resolve all issues with India through talks: SartajISLAMABAD: Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz says Pakistan is not shying away from dialogue with
- Bilawal condemns the terrorist attacks in IstanbulKARACHI: Bilawal Bhutto Zardari Chairman Pakistan People’s Party Wednesday condemned in strongest
- Punjab Police conducting raids for Owais Shah's recovery: IGLAHORE: Sindh Police have sought assistance of Punjab Police to trace abducted son of Chief Justice of
- Section 144 imposed in Karachi coastal areas during monsoonKARACHI: With more rains in the offing today (Wednesday), Section 144 has been imposed in the coastal
- Pakistan bowling consultant Mushtaq Ahmed reaches EnglandLONDON: Pakistan Cricket Team’s bowling consultant Mushtaq Ahmed has reached to England. Mushtaq
- Haleema murder case: Bail petition filed for accused Sonia, RizwanKARACHI: Nominated accused in Haleema murder case Sonia and her husband Rizwan have filed a bail petition
- Met department forecast more rains in countryISLAMABAD: According to meteorological department weather in the country will remain hot and moist; however,
- PTI moves resolution against PM's 'self-imposed exile' in Punjab AssemblyLAHORE: Resolution against Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s ‘self-imposed exile’ has been
- Two injured in land sliding near Lowari TunnelCHITRAL: Land sliding near Lowari Tunnel has blocked linking routes to Dir and Chitral at Ziarat stop
- Pakistan retain seventh position in ICC women’s championshipDUBAI: Former world champion England have vaulted three places to third in the ICC Women´s Championship,
- World Bank approves 200 million credit for BalochistanWASHINGTON: The World Bank has approved 200 million for a water management project in Balochistan which
- SC summons satellite images of Margalla Hills in suo motu caseISLAMABAD: Supreme Court has summoned satellite images of Margalla Hills National Park both from the
- Pakistan to play first practice match against Somerset on July 3SOUTHAMPTON: The Pakistan cricket team will take on English county Somerset in a practice match on July
Pakistan extends Afghan refugees stay for 6 months
ISLAMABAD: A decision has been taken to bring new policy for Afghan refugees while the federal government has barred provincial governments to harass and arrests of Afghan refugees till arrival of the new policy. Provinces have been directed not to take action against Afghan refugees. The Afghan refugees staying limit in country is going to end on June 30 tomorrow. Sources said that the federal government
🕒 3:06 PM - June 29, 2016
Pakistan urges international community to repatriate Afghan refugees
WASHINGTON: Pakistan has urged United Nations collective action to meet humanitarian needs of millions of displaced around the world. Addressing to the UN Economic and Social Council, the Permanent Representative of Pakistan to the UN, Maleeha Lodhi hoped that the international community's response to the world's weak and vulnerable is based on compassion and a spirit of brother-hood. Ambassador
🕒 2:40 PM - June 29, 2016
Pakistan wants to resolve all issues with India through talks: Sartaj
ISLAMABAD: Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz says Pakistan is not shying away from dialogue with India and Indian Prime Minister's logic in this regard is beyond perception. Commenting on recent statement of Indian Prime Minister, he said, it is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table. Sartaj
🕒 2:37 PM - June 29, 2016
Section 144 imposed in Karachi coastal areas during monsoon
KARACHI: With more rains in the offing today (Wednesday), Section 144 has been imposed in the coastal areas of the city with a ban on swimming in the sea for 30 days during the monsoon season. Reasonable precautions were being taken particularly to protect the lives of picnickers who visit beaches during the rainy reason and to celebrate Eid-ul-Fitr, officials confirmed. At least five people have
🕒 2:04 PM - June 29, 2016
PM Nawaz, world leaders condemn Istanbul suicide bombing
LONDON: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif among international leaders have strongly condemned triple suicide bombing at Ataturk Airport in Turkish capital. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif issued a statement in London where he is recovering after an open-heart surgery. Meanwhile, Chief Minister of Punjab Shahbaz Sharif and opposition party, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader Imran Khan have also expressed their
🕒 10:25 AM - June 29, 2016
Pakistan condemns terrorist attack at Ataturk airport in Turkey
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has denounced the terrorist attack at Ataturk airport in Istanbul. In a statement, Foreign office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria said Pakistan offers condolences to the bereaved families and to the brotherly people and government of Turkey at this hour of grief. He reiterated Pakistan stands in strong solidarity with people of Turkey in their fight against terrorism.
🕒 9:36 AM - June 29, 2016
- Pakistan wants to resolve all issues with India.
- Met department forecast more rains in country.
- SC summons satellite images of Margalla Hills in.
- Pakistan condemns terrorist attack at Ataturk.
- Pakistan not shying away from dialogue with.
- PM directs Balochistan govt to devise effective.
- Babar calls for human rights representatives to.
- Military courts challenged in SC over abuse.
- Reforms committee rejects ECP suggestion to hold.
WASHINGTON: Pakistan has urged United Nations collective action to meet humanitarian needs of millions of displaced around the world. Addressing to the UN Economic and Social Council, the Permanent...🕒 2:40 PM - June 29, 2016
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, markets.
- PM Nawaz, world leaders condemn Istanbul suicide.
- Erdogan urges joint international anti-terror.
- Cameron says no regrets on holding EU referendum.
- Kerry says Brexit may not happen.
- 50 killed, 88 wounded in suicide bomb attack at.
- Mayor Sadiq Khan seeks more autonomy for London.
- Turkey ready to pay Russia compensation over.
- India's first female Uber driver found dead in.
LONDON: Pakistan Cricket Team’s bowling consultant Mushtaq Ahmed has reached to England. Mushtaq said that after taking review of conditions in England would make series planning. However, Mushtaq Ahmed will join Pakistan Cricket Team today while talking to media before departure to England,...🕒 1:57 PM - June 29, 2016
- Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international.
- Australia delays trip to Bangladesh over security.
- Pakistani breaks Guinness World Record.
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
PESHAWAR: MNA from Kurram Agency Sajid Hussain Turi called on Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra in Peshawar on Tuesday. They discussed matters related to return and rehabilitation of...🕒 1:57 PM - June 29, 2016
PESHAWAR: The Lowari tunnel project will be completed and become operational by March next year. According to an official of National Highway Authority, the present government, after coming into...🕒 1:57 PM - June 29, 2016
PESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government on Tuesday refused to extend the stay of Afghan immigrants in the province. Talking to reporters, KP government spokesperson Mushtaq Ghani said that...🕒 1:57 PM - June 29, 2016
KABUL: Violence and intimidation against journalists in Afghanistan has spiked sharply this month, with much of it coming from government security forces, the main journalists' right groups said on Tuesday. In addition to the deaths of two journalists working for the U.S. National Public...🕒 6:34 PM - June 28, 2016
- Ambassador Zakhilwal raises Afghan refugees issue.
- US carries out airstrikes against Afghan Taliban.
- Afghan Taliban kidnap 25 passengers in Helmand.
- Afghan parliament approves NDS, defence minister.
- 22 killed, over 60 injured in Afghanistan blasts .
- Afghan leadership decides to solve Torkham issue.
- Afghanistan summons Pakistani Ambassador.
- Afghan govt denies presence of Mullah Fazlullah in.
- Afghanistan welcomes broader US military role against.
- Al Qaeda chief pledges allegiance to new Afghan.
WASHINGTON: The World Bank has approved 200 million for a water management project in Balochistan which will benefit some 43,000 farm households in the province. Balochistan Integrated Water Resources Management and Development Project will support investment in two of the eighteen basins in...🕒 11:47 AM - June 29, 2016
- Pakistan taking various initiatives to enhance trade.
- ADB to provide $300 million for public sector reforms.
- Dar directs banks to ensure ATM facility during Eid.
- Some provision of Finance Act 2016 effective from.
- Pakistan foreign exchange reserves to reach $22.
- ADB to provide $100m for M-4.
- Pakistan, Tajikistan to initiate joint cooperation in.
- Vice President ADB to visit Pakistan on June 15.
- SBP introduces modern means to ensure new currency.
- Pakistani stocks end higher ahead of MSCI announcement.