ISLAMABAD: Indian High Commissioner appointed in Pakistan, Gautam Bombawalay has said that Pakistan and India are trying to create appropriate environment for negotiations, but he can’t tell when and how the talks will held. Talking to media during a conference held in Islamabad, Indian High...🕒 7:34 PM - May 5, 2016
- Aftab Ahmed's death has cleared many things: Farooq SattarKARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) party leaders and workers gathered at Aftab Hussain’s residence
- PTI to stage sit-in in front of Punjab assemblyLAHORE: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Thursday has decided to continue protests in order to pressurise
- Can’t give time for Pakistan-India talks: Indian High CommissionerISLAMABAD: Indian High Commissioner appointed in Pakistan, Gautam Bombawalay has said that Pakistan and
- Court sends DSP Imran Babar to jail in rape caseLAHORE: DSP Imran Babar, allegedly involvement in 15 year old girl's rape was presented before judicial
- Salman Butt can make successful comeback: Geoff LawsonISLAMABAD: Former Pakistan head coach Geoff Lawson on Wednesday said he believes Salman Butt can
- Imran Khan, Bilawal condemn ‘custodial death’ of Aftab AhmedISLAMABAD: Chairman Pakistan People’s Party Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf
- Azhar Ali urges team to improve after ODI ranking slumpLAHORE: Pakistan cricket captain Azhar Ali Thursday urged his team to pick up their game after they slumped
- PM Nawaz consults ministers over opposition ToRs for commissionISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Thursday held consultation his cabinet ministers after
- SC orders removal of billboards in Karachi within 15 daysKARACHI: Supreme Court (SC) on Thursday ordered to remove all the billboards fixed at public areas, flyovers,
- Iranian envoy calls on Ch Nisar, discuss bilateral relationsISLAMABAD: Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan Mehdi Honardoost here on Thursday called on Interior Minister
- KP Universities to have free Wi-Fi: Shahram TarakaiPESHAWAR: The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Universities are going to facilitate their students with free Wi-Fi
- Aftab Ahmed's body autopsy report confirms tortureKARACHI: A postmortem report of Muttahida Qaumi Movement Aftab Ahmed, who died in Rangers custody on
- Balloting of Hajj applications 2016 completedISLAMABAD: Balloting of Hajj applications under government scheme has been completed today (Thursday),
- Turkish PM announces resignation over differences with President ErdoganANKARA, Turkey: Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu Thursday announced his resignation, paving the
- Rejecting opposition ToRs to cause more troubles for govt: Sirajul HaqLAHORE: Ameer of Jamaat-e-Islami Sirajul Haq has said that his demand for accountability is not limited
Court sends DSP Imran Babar to jail in rape case
LAHORE: DSP Imran Babar, allegedly involvement in 15 year old girl's rape was presented before judicial magistrate at Model Town Courts on Thursday. The suspect was arrested after mother of the deceased accused the latter. The suspect said that he is being falsely implicated and trapped in the case. Imran Babar, appointed at CCPO’s office has also been accused of putting badges of Inspector
🕒 7:29 PM - May 5, 2016
Imran Khan, Bilawal condemn ‘custodial death’ of Aftab Ahmed
ISLAMABAD: Chairman Pakistan People’s Party Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Chairman Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Imran Khan on Thursday condemned the incident of custodial death of Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Farooq Sattar’s coordinator, through a tweet. Bilawal tweeted: “Torture and death of Aftab Ahmed (the coordinator) in state custody is absolutely unacceptable.” While,
🕒 6:30 PM - May 5, 2016
PM Nawaz consults ministers over opposition ToRs for commission
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif here on Thursday held consultation his cabinet ministers after receiving a letter from Syed Khursheed Shah, Leader of the Opposition in National Assembly, about terms of reference (TORs) regarding judicial probe into Panama papers. According to reports, Prime Minister discussed the content of Shah’s letter with close aides. Reports added that there are
🕒 6:11 PM - May 5, 2016
Iranian envoy calls on Ch Nisar, discuss bilateral relations
ISLAMABAD: Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan Mehdi Honardoost here on Thursday called on Interior Minister Chaudhary Nisar Ali Khan in Islamabad and discussed matters of bilateral relations and cooperation. Chaudhary Nisar Ali khan emphasized that a comprehensive strategy should be evolved to control crime, human trafficking and narcotics for better boarder management. He said Pakistan and Iran should
🕒 5:58 PM - May 5, 2016
Balloting of Hajj applications 2016 completed
ISLAMABAD: Balloting of Hajj applications under government scheme has been completed today (Thursday), successful applicants will be informed via SMS. Minister of Religious Affairs, Sardar Muhammad Yousaf in a media presser stated that government received 2,80,617 applications, from which 69,533 lucky people will perform Hajj this year under government scheme.He further said that those who were
🕒 5:09 PM - May 5, 2016
Turkish PM announces resignation over differences with President
ANKARA, Turkey: Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu Thursday announced his resignation, paving the way for the country's president to pursue a tighter trip on power. "I decided that for the unity of the (ruling party) a change of chairman would be more appropriate. I am not considering running at the May 22 congress," Davutoglu told the nation. Davutoglu, who had fallen out with President
🕒 5:07 PM - May 5, 2016
- Imran Khan, Bilawal condemn ‘custodial death’.
- PM Nawaz consults ministers over opposition ToRs.
- Iranian envoy calls on Ch Nisar, discuss.
- Balloting of Hajj applications 2016 completed.
- Joint opposition not demanded for PM’s.
- Abbottabad jirga members deserving death.
- PTI asks ECP to appoint Ravi Kumar, not Baldev.
- Arrest warrant issue for Nayyar Bokhari.
- Resources provide on priority basis to people: PM.
ANKARA, Turkey: Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu Thursday announced his resignation, paving the way for the country's president to pursue a tighter trip on power. "I decided that for the...🕒 5:07 PM - May 5, 2016
- Top IS recruiter killed in US airstrike.
- HRW concerned at 'excessive' use of force.
- Brazil, Germany, Japan support Pakistan's stance.
- Panama Papers showed vulnerability of whole.
- Relation with Pakistan very important: US State.
- California Muslims sue over hijab discrimination.
- Security Council's reforms must be on democratic.
- Dar reiterates Pakistan's support for peace,.
- Pakistan pursuing policy of peaceful.
ISLAMABAD: Former Pakistan head coach Geoff Lawson on Wednesday said he believes Salman Butt can make a successful comeback to the national side. The former Australian fast-bowler praised Butt’s skills with the bat. “When I was his coach, he was an outstanding talent. That talent...🕒 7:18 PM - May 5, 2016
- Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international.
- Australia delays trip to Bangladesh over security.
- Pakistani breaks Guinness World Record.
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
PESHAWAR: Dr Said Alam Mehsud, Convener China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Front, was stopped by Islamia College Peshawar administration from presenting his views at a seminar on Thursday. Mehsud, who...🕒 7:18 PM - May 5, 2016
PESHAWAR: At least 162 suspected people were arrested in Peshawar, Charsadda districts and Mohmand Agency on Thursday. According to detail, one hundred forty suspects were detained in Peshawar,...🕒 7:18 PM - May 5, 2016
PESHAWAR: Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal has said China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) will change destiny of the nation. Addressing a seminar on China-Pakistan Economic...🕒 7:18 PM - May 5, 2016
KABUL: Afghan forces have launched operations against the Taliban in 18 provinces of Afghanistan as fighting has intensified since the start of the insurgents´ spring offensive this month, the ministry of defence said on Saturday. The operations, backed by air power and artillery have been...🕒 7:12 PM - April 30, 2016
- US says deadly airstrike on Kunduz hospital ‘not a.
- 20 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan violence.
- 35 fighters killed in Afghanistan clashes.
- Afghan Taliban in Pakistan amid efforts to restart.
- 150 militants killed in Afghanistan.
- Talks underway for the delivery of Mi-17s to.
- Afghan president calls on Pakistan to battle Taliban.
- Death toll from blast in Kabul rises to 64.
- KABUL: 24 dead, 20 injured in blast near Afghan.
- Inzamam-ul-Haq resigns as Afghanistan national coach .
ISLAMABAD: The World Bank (WB) has approved a package of assistance worth 1 billion to support Pakistan’s economic reforms. The assistance package consists of two Development Policy Credits (DPCs) to support the Government of Pakistan’s efforts to improve the power sector and...🕒 7:22 PM - May 3, 2016
- Pakistan, IMF hold review talks in Dubai.
- Economic growth expected to exceed 5 percent during.
- Dar extends tax amnesty scheme for another month.
- POL prices likely to go up by Rs3 per litre.
- Urea prices further reduced by RS.70 per bag.
- PAC seeks record of LNG quota given in Musharraf’s.
- NEPRA approves Rs 2.83 cut in power price .
- Country's economy put on positive trajectory: Dar.
- CPEC will be regional energy corridor: Ahsan.
- Bank of Khyber vice president resigns .