ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif here on Thursday said that Pakistan came into being in the light of Islamic teachings adding that freedom of expression is the basic right of every citizen. Addressing the Convocation of Air University Islamabad, the premier said that the government...
- Polling underway for PK-86 Swat, PS-35 Larkana-ISWAT: Voting underway for the by-elections Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly seat, PK-86 Swat and Sindh Assembly
- Journalist hurls shoe at Shahbaz Sharif in LahoreLAHORE: A journalist hurled a shoe at Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif during an international conference
- Freedom of expression basic right of every citizen: PM NawazISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif here on Thursday said that Pakistan came into being in
- Tennis: Sharapova pleased despite Stuttgart scareSTUTTGART: Defending champion Maria Sharapova admits she had a tough opening in her bid to win a third
- Several killed in air strikes on militants’ hideouts in Khyber AgencyKHYBER AGENCY: Several suspected militants were killed as security forces conducted air strikes against
- Four including a police officer killed, several injured in Karachi blastKARACHI: At least four people including a police inspector Shafiq Tanoli were killed and several others
- Asian stocks mixed on Obama visit, US dipTOKYO: Asian shares lacked a clear direction in early Thursday trading as players took a mostly wait-and-see
- PM Nawaz to visit Gwadar today ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif will visit Gwadar today (Thursday). The premier will be given
- PM Nawaz to begin his Iran visit from May 11ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is likely to visit Iran next month on a two-day visit for a reset
- By-polls in PS-35 Larkana today LARKANA: Arrangements for by-elections in the Larkana’s constituency PS-35, have been completed
- China frees Japan ship after $28 mn paid in 1930s row SHANGHAI: China on Thursday released a seized Japanese ship after its owner paid $28 million in compensation,
- PEMRA issues Show Cause notice to Geo NewsISLAMABAD: Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) issued Show Cause notice to Geo News
- Attack on Hamid Mir: FIR registered against 'unknown persons'KARACHI: A case was registered against unidentified persons on Wednesday for attempt to murder senior
- Ahmed Shehzad under consideration for T-20 captaincyLAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is mulling a proposal to appoint explosive opener Ahmed Shehzad
- Junaid Khan to play English CountyLAHORE: Pakistan left-arm fast bowler Junaid Khan will be seen in action in this English County season. Junaid
Polling underway for PK-86 Swat, PS-35 Larkana-I
SWAT: Voting underway for the by-elections Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly seat, PK-86 Swat and Sindh Assembly seat, PS-35, (Larkana-I). The voting will continue till 5 pm. In Swat, there are 134,614 registered voters in the constituency where 85 polling stations have been set up. 36 polling stations are declared as sensitive and 42 most sensitive. Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz
Freedom of expression basic right of every citizen: PM Nawaz
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif here on Thursday said that Pakistan came into being in the light of Islamic teachings adding that freedom of expression is the basic right of every citizen. Addressing the Convocation of Air University Islamabad, the premier said that the government is making efforts to improve and strengthen education which is necessary for promotion of democratic values
Several killed in air strikes on militants’ hideouts in Khyber Agency
KHYBER AGENCY: Several suspected militants were killed as security forces conducted air strikes against militants’ hideouts in various areas of Khyber Agency early on Thursday. According to the reports, military jets pounded hideouts of terrorists in the Khyber Agency during the wee hours. Reports say that heavy losses were inflicted on the militants during the operation. The operation was
Four including a police officer killed, several injured in Karachi
KARACHI: At least four people including a police inspector Shafiq Tanoli were killed and several others injured in a suicide blast near old vegetable market in Karachi here on Thursday morning. According to details, the suicide bomber blew himself up near a shop near Tanoli's residence while Tanoli was sitting with his friends in the shop. Tanoli has been targeted at least seven times before. Deputy
PM Nawaz to begin his Iran visit from May 11
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is likely to visit Iran next month on a two-day visit for a reset in relationship with its western neighbour. The trip scheduled to begin on May 11 has not been officially announced as yet. The visit is being seen in the diplomatic circles as a balancing act that Pakistan has to do in its regional relationships with Saudi Arabia and Iran. A flurry of visits
PEMRA issues Show Cause notice to Geo News
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) issued Show Cause notice to Geo News on Wednesday as per clause number 29 of PEMRA ordinance. Earlier, PEMRA forwarded the Defence Ministry’s complaint against Geo TV to its legal department. The Defence Ministry had filed a complaint before the media regulatory authority accusing the Geo News channel of indulging in anti-national
- PM Nawaz to visit Gwadar today .
- PM Nawaz to begin his Iran visit from May 11.
- PEMRA issues Show Cause notice to Geo News.
- Sectarian violence: 2090 killed in Pakistan since.
- Pakistan completes 3G,4G license auction.
- Taliban committee to persuade Taliban to extend.
- Ten major political parties call for FATA reforms.
- Shia Ulema Council seeks solution of wheat.
- Government to launch nationwide Measles Campaign:.
SHANGHAI: China on Thursday released a seized Japanese ship after its owner paid $28 million in compensation, a court said, in a business dispute dating to the 1930s which underlines tensions between...
- Pakistan envoy ´encouraged´ by Modi´s remarks.
- Bangladesh court orders Khaleda's trial go ahead.
- Obama visit lifts lid on simmering Asia tensions.
- Farbrace resigns as Sri Lanka's coach.
- Saudi health minister sacked as MERS toll rises.
- Syria calls June 3 presidential election.
- Japan lodges protest against China ship seizure.
- Iraq attacks kill 23 as election looms.
- US force in Afghanistan may be cut to less than.
LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is mulling a proposal to appoint explosive opener Ahmed Shehzad as team’s Twenty20 skipper. Muhammad Hafeez, who led the team in World Twenty20, stepped down after Pakistan failed to qualify for the...
- Moores gets second stint as England coach.
- Court orders auction of Ijaz Ahmed’s property.
- Wisden laments 'Big 3' ICC.
- Bilawal requests Maradona to train Pakistani street.
- Shoaib Akhtar to begin coaching career with State Bank.
- Mushtaq Ahmed expected to become bowling coach.
- India beat Australia in World Twenty20.
- Sri Lanka confident of tackling New Zealand in.
- Pakistan lose to New Zealand by 59 runs.
- Bangladesh reverses ban on foreign flags in cricket.
SWAT: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif visited Swat on Wednesday. During his visit the army chief inaugurated a post-graduate college and paramedical institute at Saidu Sharif....
PESHAWAR: Awami National Party’s (ANP) parliamentary leader in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) assembly Sardar Hussain Babak alleged that some women members bring arms in the assembly urging that the...
PESHAWAR: A ceremony organized by Pakistan Academy for Rural Development to mark world book day was held in Peshawar on Wednesday. The speakers stressed the need for importance of book...
KABUL: Afghanistan´s presidential election result has been delayed by two days due to fraud investigations and will now be released on Saturday, officials said Wednesday as they vowed to sift out fake votes. Partial results from the April 5 election to succeed President Hamid Karzai have...
- US force in Afghanistan may be cut to less than 10,000.
- Taliban negotiator released in UAE, returns to.
- Abdullah still ahead in new partial Afghan results.
- Taliban inmates break out of Afghan prison.
- Afghan authorities hunting for 3 fugitives of jail.
- Taliban negotiator under house arrest in UAE, says.
- Afghan poll hopeful Ghani wants 'special relationship'.
- Afghan Taliban deny Omar's link to pamphlet on TTP.
- Afghan deputy minister kidnapped: officials.
- Afghan election frontrunner vows reconciliation with.
TOKYO: Asian shares lacked a clear direction in early Thursday trading as players took a mostly wait-and-see view ahead of talks between Japan´s prime minister and visiting President Barack Obama. Adding to the mixed view was the fall on Wall Street overnight, despite a solid earnings report...
- First phase of 3G, 4G Spectrum bidding completes.
- ‘3G auction begins today’ .
- KSE end higher; rupee weakens, o/n rates rise.
- NEPRA decreases power tariff by Rs. 1 per unit.
- Development fund cut to meet IMF terms.
- Oil prices down.
- KSE-100 closes lower, rupee weakens.
- Cabinet okays 100 MW power import from Iran.
- SDPI Releases Pre-budget Survey on Economic Reforms.
- Four companies qualify for 3G, 4G auction: PTA.
KARACHI: The winners of much awaited short film competition “Heroes of Pakistan” were announced in a humble ceremony held at the Karachi Press Club on Monday to acknowledge the youths who...
- International Day for Monuments and Sites.
- 73rd birth anniversary of Aziz Mian qawwal.
- 5th death anniversary of Pareshan Khattak.
- Court orders FIA to file case against Meera.
- Pakistani visual effects artist wins third.
- PSFW Day 2: A series of hits and misses.
- Ahmed Rushdi remembered today .
- “This show will be groundbreaking”.
- Court orders registration of case against.
- 'Captain America' sets April record with.