ISLAMABAD: Bahria University Islamabad organized Career Expo’14 , which not only aims to bring job seekers and employers under one roof but also guide candidates on various career paths and innovative job hunt tactics. The job fair is poised to serve as a cost-effective way for the...
- Bahria University organizes career expo 2014ISLAMABAD: Bahria University Islamabad organized Career Expo’14 , which not only aims to bring
- Bhagwandas must not be humiliated as a powerless CEC: ImranISLAMABAD: Chairman PTI, Imran Khan, today demanded that Mr Bhagwandas, a highly respected and credible
- Two assassins including Afghan national arrested ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police have arrested two assassins who killed two persons and injured another during
- Misbah upbeat about Asia Cup finalDHAKA: Pakistan skipper Misbah ul Haq was confident that his team was in good form and would not find
- Violence kills eight in IraqBAGHDAD: Shelling in Iraq´s city of Fallujah, held by anti-government fighters for more than two
- Pakistan hope Afridi is fit for Asia Cup finalMIRPUR: Defending champion Pakistan is hoping big-hitting allrounder Shahid Afridi will be fit in time
- International Women’s day is day to give tribute to all inspiring ladies: SairaISLAMABAD: On the International Women’s day Minister of State, Ms. Saira Afzal Tarar paid tribute
- Motorcycle bomb at market kills 5 in HelmandKANDAHAR: An Afghan provincial official says a motorcycle bomb was remotely detonated in a crowded market
- TTP are anti-Islam and anti-Pakistan: Rehman MalikISLAMABAD: Former Interior Minister Rehman Malik on Friday said that the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan
- Military operation may be launched if Taliban violate ceasefire: AsifISLAMABAD: Defense Minister Khawaja Asif has said that a full-fledge military operation against the outlawed
- Interior minister defending terrorists: Khurshid ShahISLAMABAD: Opposition leader, Khursheed Shah on Friday, expressed his concerns over the statement of
- Drought in Tharparkar: CJ SHC takes notice of children’s deathKARACHI: Chief Justice Sindh High Court (SHC) Justice Maqbool Baqar has taken notice of the deaths of
- Qaim announces food package for Thar worth Rs 100 mlnKARACHI: Sindh Chief Minister Qaim Ali Shah announced a food package for draught-hit Tharparkar district
- Special Court rejected Musharraf’s petitions against special court, judgesISLAMABAD: The Special Court here on Friday rejected Pervez Musharraf’s petitions against formation
- Improvement expected in peace process: MunawarLAHORE: Jamat-e-Islami (JI) chief Syed Munawar Hassan here on Friday said that improvement in peace process
Bhagwandas must not be humiliated as a powerless CEC: Imran
ISLAMABAD: Chairman PTI, Imran Khan, today demanded that Mr Bhagwandas, a highly respected and credible gentleman, not be humiliated by being appointed as a powerless Chief Election Commissioner as had happened earlier. Khan asserted that unless the other four Election Commissioners are also appointed in a transparent and truly consultative manner, with no political affiliations, the CEC will not be
Two assassins including Afghan national arrested
ISLAMABAD: Islamabad police have arrested two assassins who killed two persons and injured another during dacoity attempts in Sabzi Mandi and Shehzad Town police areas. According to details, unidentified persons tried to loot `Sadaat general store’ in Sabzi Mandi police area on December 11, 2013 and shot dead Syed Waqar Sheerazi s/o Syed Akbar Ahmed Sheerzi when he offered resistance to
Military operation may be launched if Taliban violate ceasefire: Asif
ISLAMABAD: Defense Minister Khawaja Asif has said that a full-fledge military operation against the outlawed Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) in tribal areas may be launched in March if Taliban continued violating ceasefire announcement. In an interview to foreign news agency, the minister said that the army will not show reluctance in bombarding militants’ hideouts in tribal areas near the
Special Court rejected Musharraf’s petitions against special court,
ISLAMABAD: The Special Court here on Friday rejected Pervez Musharraf’s petitions against formation of special court and on the biasness judges in treason case. Musharraf through petitions had challenged formation of the special court, its authority and appointment of judges. He had also challenged the nomination of prosecutor general for the case. A three-member special court headed by Justice
Four dead, 10 wounded in coach-tanker collision in Kohat
KOHAT: As any as four people, including women were killed and 10 others were wounded in a passenger coach and oil tanker collision on Pindi Road in Kohat here on Friday. The unfortunate accident occured Gumbat area of district Kohat that killed four people and injured 10 others. The deceased included two women and the driver of the passenger coach. Soon after the collission the rescue teams rushed
Judges detention case hearing adjourned until March 21
ISLAMABAD: Owing to the lawyers' country wide strike, the Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) here on Friday adjourned the judges detention case heraring against former military ruler general (retd) Pervez Musharraf until March 21. During hearing no one from the side of Pervez Musharraf appeared in the court due to lawyers’ country wide strike against the Islamabad district court attak. The court failing
- Bhagwandas must not be humiliated as a powerless.
- Two assassins including Afghan national arrested .
- International Women’s day is day to give.
- TTP are anti-Islam and anti-Pakistan: Rehman.
- Military operation may be launched if Taliban.
- Interior minister defending terrorists: Khurshid.
- Special Court rejected Musharraf’s petitions.
- Imran condemns Indian Uni's decision to expel.
- Judges detention case hearing adjourned until.
BAGHDAD: Shelling in Iraq´s city of Fallujah, held by anti-government fighters for more than two months, and a shooting targeting a local official killed eight people Friday, police and doctors...
- Al-Qaeda continues to operate from FATA:.
- Obama tells Putin Russia's moves are violation.
- Cafe blast, car bombs kill eight in Iraq.
- Two Bahrain children wounded while planting bomb:.
- Police detain Indian anti-graft politician.
- Iran FM says pinning hopes on nuclear talks.
- Baghdad blasts mainly targeting Shia kill 14.
- Syrian air raids hit Lebanese border region.
- Pakistan, Spain hold Bilateral Political.
DHAKA: Pakistan skipper Misbah ul Haq was confident that his team was in good form and would not find any difficulty in facing the Sri Lankan bowling in the final on Saturday. During a press conference in Dhaka Misbah played down any suggestions...
- PCB Committee approves Miandad resignation.
- India record six-wicket win against Bangladesh.
- West Indies batsman Gayle out of England ODIs.
- Morkel fire helps South Africa to big lead.
- Can beat all teams in Asia Cup: Hafeez.
- Sri Lanka sweep T20 series in Bangladesh.
- Younis throws his weight behind Moin.
- India struggle after McCullum's double takes Kiwis to.
- Australia stun England to snatch final ODI win.
- England ends 8-match losing streak to Aussies.
HANGU: At least three people were wounded when a remote controlled bomb blast hit Kurram Agency political agent convey at Tor Ghar area of Thall tehsil on Thursday. According to initial...
AKORA KHATAK: Government and Taliban negotiating teams held their meeting on Wednesday after the announcement of ceasefire from the both sides last week. Chief of government’s dialogue...
NOWSHERA: Meeting between the government and Taliban negotiation committees is in progress in Akora Khattak, discussing matters relating to peace process as the deadlock in the talks at last...
KANDAHAR: An Afghan provincial official says a motorcycle bomb was remotely detonated in a crowded market in the country´s south, killing five people and wounding eight. Omar Zawaq, the spokesman for the governor of southern Helmand province, says the motorcycle exploded on Friday in the...
- Karzai’s brother withdraws from Afghan election.
- NATO air strike kills 5 Afghan soldiers.
- India and Pakistan ramp up aid as they jostle for.
- Afghan war not fought in country's interest: Karzai.
- 13 killed in eastern Afghanistan explosion.
- NATO prepares full Afghanistan exit plan.
- Eight killed in Afghanistan suicide attack.
- Afghanistan sacks officers after Taliban kill 21.
- Pakistan‚ Afghanistan agree to boost trade volume.
- Karzai, Dar meet in Kabul.
ISLAMABAD: Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) at a meeting in Islamabad has approved various water and power projects costing over 63 billion rupees. Finance Minister Ishaq Dar chaired the meeting on Thursday. The Council approved Kurram Tangi Multipurpose Dam Stage-1...
- ECNEC approves Rs 63 billion water‚ power projects.
- Barjees Tahir Inaugurates Pakistan Pavilion at Intl.
- US private sector posts modest job growth in February.
- Pakistani stocks end higher; rupee strengthens.
- Economic condition has improved: PM Nawaz.
- KSE jumps by 356 points.
- Dutch Ambassador Calls on Federal Minister Bosan.
- Dollar gains on upbeat data, Ukraine fears linger.
- Oil prices mixed.
- Pakistan offers huge investment opportunities: Dar.
FAISALABAD: The 24th death anniversary of renowned singer Mala was observed on March 6 (Thursday). She was born on November 09‚ 1939 in Faisalabad. Her real name was Nasim Nazli. She started...
- Pakistani literature is important part of.
- Music Freedom Day: KP musicians stay divided.
- Nasir Kazmi’s death anniversary today.
- Pak-Turk Language and Cultural Festival held.
- PAL holds Mushaira for Gilgit Baltistan,.
- PAL to promote regional languages: Hameed.
- Court summons Meera on Feb 26 in.
- Speakers pay glowing tributes to Hamza.
- Agha Talish being remembered today, Feb 19.
- Pakistan stops issuing NOCs for Indian films.