ISLAMABAD: Joint session of Parliament has been summoned on June 1. According to reports, President Mamnoon Hussain will address the participants of the session on Wednesday at 11 pm in Islamabad. The President s address to the Parliament s joint sitting will mark the beginning of fourth...🕒 2:55 PM - May 29, 2016
- Three alleged terrorists killed in police encounter in KarachiKARACHI: Three alleged terrorists were killed in encounter with police in Gulshan-e-Bunair area of Karachi
- Amir's visa for England series is not a big task: Shaharyar KhanKARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan on Sunday said that visa for Mohammad Amir
- Meeting reviews polio vaccination campaigns in FATAPESHAWAR: A meeting to review progress regarding polio vaccination campaigns in Federally Administered
- Peace restored in FATA as a result of 'Zarb-e-Azb': JhagraLADHA: Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has said that peace has been restored in Federally
- Imran Khan wants to destroy country's economy: Pervaiz RashidMUZAFFARABAD: Federal minister for information Pervaiz Rashid on Sunday said that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf
- Family of driver killed in Mullah Mansour drone strike files FIR against USQUETTA: Family members of deceased taxi driver Muhammad Azam who was killed in an American drone strike
- Afghan President wishes PM Nawaz speedy recoveryKABUL: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Sunday wished ailing Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif a
- Joint session of Parliament summoned on WednesdayISLAMABAD: Joint session of Parliament has been summoned on June 1. According to reports, President
- Two people killed, six others injured in separate attacks of violence in BalochistanQUETTA: Six people, including two women and a child, were injured in a hand grenade attack in Balochistan's
- PM to undergo open heart surgery on TuesdayISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is to undergo open heart surgery in London on Tuesday, his second
- Three dead, 15 injured in Panjgur road accident PANJGUR: At least three people including two children were killed while 15 others sustained severe
- CM Shehbaz Sharif leaves for London for PM Nawaz's surgeryLAHORE: Punjab Chief Minister (CM) Shehbaz Sharif along with family members today left for London
- Two terrorists killed in CTD operation in KarachiKARACHI: TWo terrorists were killed in an operation by Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) in Manghopir,
- Federal Budget for next financial year to be presented on 3rd JuneISLAMABAD: Federal Budget for the next financial year would be presented in the National Assembly on
- PM can nominate any cabinet member to chair Cabinet, NEC meetings: SpokesmanISLAMABAD: A spokesman of the Federal Government has said the Prime Minister can nominate any cabinet
Three alleged terrorists killed in police encounter in Karachi
KARACHI: Three alleged terrorists were killed in encounter with police in Gulshan-e-Bunair area of Karachi here on Sunday. According to the SSP Malir, the suspects were involved in attack on police officials and security forces. SSP Malir Rao Anwar further disclosed that explosive material was recovered from the alleged militants. One of the suspected dead militants has been identified as Riaz, according
🕒 6:01 PM - May 29, 2016
Peace restored in FATA as a result of 'Zarb-e-Azb': Jhagra
LADHA: Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has said that peace has been restored in Federally Administered Tribal Areas as a result of Operation Zarb-e-Azb and sacrifices of the tribal people. Addressing the inaugural ceremony of newly constructed Government Degree College at Laddha in South Waziristan Agency, he lauded sacrifices of tribe people in eliminating terrorists and maintaining
🕒 5:08 PM - May 29, 2016
Imran Khan wants to destroy country's economy: Pervaiz Rashid
MUZAFFARABAD: Federal minister for information Pervaiz Rashid on Sunday said that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan wants to destroy economy by inciting the people for sit-ins. Talking to media in Muzaffarabad, Pervaiz Rashid lashed out at Imran Khan and said that he conspired against the democratic government in thenery first year of its tenure by staging sit-in in Islamabad. We want
🕒 4:32 PM - May 29, 2016
Family of driver killed in Mullah Mansour drone strike files FIR against
QUETTA: Family members of deceased taxi driver Muhammad Azam who was killed in an American drone strike in Balochistan earlier this month filed a First-Information Report (FIR) against the United States on Sunday. The FIR with was lodged by Azam's brother, Muhammad Qasim, at the Mal Levies station with the Mal tehsildar in the Noshki district. Muhammad Azam was killed in a drone strike targeting
🕒 3:53 PM - May 29, 2016
Joint session of Parliament summoned on Wednesday
ISLAMABAD: Joint session of Parliament has been summoned on June 1. According to reports, President Mamnoon Hussain will address the participants of the session on Wednesday at 11 pm in Islamabad. The President s address to the Parliament s joint sitting will mark the beginning of fourth parliamentary year of the PML-N government. President Mamnoon Hussain has also summoned National Assembly
🕒 2:55 PM - May 29, 2016
Two people killed, six others injured in separate attacks of violence
QUETTA: Six people, including two women and a child, were injured in a hand grenade attack in Balochistan's Chaman area, a town near the Pak-Afghan border, on Sunday. Police said miscreants lobbed a hand grenade at a house in Chaman Bazaar. The motive behind the attack is unknown. The injured were rushed to Civil Hospital Chaman for treatment. In a separate incident, two people, including a Levies
🕒 2:21 PM - May 29, 2016
- PM to undergo open heart surgery on Tuesday.
- Federal Budget for next financial year to be.
- PM can nominate any cabinet member to chair.
- Meeting of National Economic Council convened on.
- Shahbaz, Nisar discuss security matters with Army.
- Interior Ministry approves plan for CNICs.
- Iftikhar Chaudhry calls for appointment of acting.
- PM Nawaz to chair Federal Cabinet meeting on.
- Ministers meet to discuss govt business in.
ISLAMABAD: First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) Michelle Obama visited the Pakistani embassy in Washington for the first time. Pakistan’s Ambassador to US Jalil Abbas Jilani shared...🕒 8:46 PM - May 28, 2016
- Zardari likely to arrive in Dubai on Saturday.
- Obama to make history with Hiroshima visit.
- PM Nawaz extends stay in London .
- China eyes turning South China Sea islands into.
- Taliban violence will continue despite new.
- US adds two Pakistan-based groups to terror.
- US extends peace offer to new Afghan Taliban.
- PM Nawaz undergoes medical check-up in London.
- PTI to hold protest outside Hassan Nawaz.
KARACHI: Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman Shaharyar Khan on Sunday said that visa for Mohammad Amir for England series is not a big deal. Shaharyar Khan visited National Cricket Stadium in Karachi and held meetings with the young talents. Talking on the occasion, PCB chief said that the...🕒 5:39 PM - May 29, 2016
- Zaheer Khan announces retirement from international.
- Australia delays trip to Bangladesh over security.
- Pakistani breaks Guinness World Record.
- Clarke sees Pietersen returning for Ashes.
- Benaud family turns down offer of state funeral.
- Australia rout Scots in Hobart.
- Ireland sets 260-run target against India in World Cup.
- “Superior” South Africa a big threat to India.
- Pakistan to go on with the match against New Zealand.
- Germany beat Australia 3-2 to reach final.
PESHAWAR: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police Saturday arrested a key accused in connection with transgender activist Alesha’s murder case. According to police, Alesha was shot multiple times last week...🕒 5:39 PM - May 29, 2016
MARDAN: Police Saturday claimed to have killed three proclaimed offenders in an encounter in Takhtbai area of Mardan, while another was arrested. According to DIG Mardan Mohammad Tahir Khan said...🕒 5:39 PM - May 29, 2016
MARDAN: One person was injured when a glider aircraft crashed into a tree in Takht Bhai area of Mardan on Saturday. According to intial reports, two people were on board the glider distributing...🕒 5:39 PM - May 29, 2016
KABUL: Afghan President Ashraf Ghani on Sunday wished ailing Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif a speedy recovery from his illness. In message posted on twitter, the Afghan president said he would like to send his best wishes to Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, expressing the hope that the surgery...🕒 3:14 PM - May 29, 2016
- Afghan Taliban deny issuing ‘no peace talks’ audio.
- 10 killed in Kabul suicide bombing.
- Afghan Taliban confirm Mansour's death, appoint Mullah.
- Taliban shura meeting to decide over names for new.
- Afghan Taliban meets on succession after US drones.
- Afghan spy agency declares Taliban leader dead in US.
- Afghan envoy claims credit for deal with Hekmatyar,.
- 11 of same family die in IED blast in Afghanistan.
- Afghanistan signed draft peace agreement with.
- Kabul locked down as Afghan authorities face power.
ISLAMABAD: Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has expressed the confidence that measures suggested for the upcoming budget would help attain sustained and inclusive growth. He was chairing a meeting at Federal Board of Revenue in Islamabad on Saturday to discuss finalization of budgetary...🕒 1:25 PM - May 28, 2016
- Rs800b gas projects underway to meet energy needs:.
- Gold price reduces by Rs 500 per ounce.
- Dar for reviewing markup rates on agriculture credit.
- ECC approves Rs 1.75 billion Ramadan relief package.
- State Bank cuts interest rate to 5.75 pc to spur.
- Pakistan to receive $510 million aid tranche from IMF.
- Pakistan must speed up reform of energy sector: World.
- Ishaq Dar to leave for Dubai today for talks with IMF.
- Urea price slashed after gas tariff revision.
- WB approves 1 billion to support economic reforms in.